Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:01 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven
Default Clutch bleeding - how to

i recently got a clutch cylinder cover to protect it from rocks. Now when i was installing it i did not realise that the assemply (near the sproket) is spring loaded and thought i could just remove the 3 bolts hold everything in place and place the cover on. unfortunately i was not expecting the assemply to spring out and some fluid leaked out before i could push it back.

What i would like to know is what should i do to bleed the system once i do install the cover ( am sure i have let air in and will let more in when i do put the cover on).

Anyone got a nice pictorial diy they can send me?

Also what fluid do i use for the bleeding?

should i look at getting a bid syringe and backbleeding?

thanks tech gurus!

Old 08-08-2011, 02:35 AM

Its not for a clutch, but the principle is the same http://www.scottysdirtbikespares.com...ed-brakes.html

You can use hydraulic oil from a ktm/gasgas shop, they should have it because both brands have hydraulic clutches, or plain old mineral oil works fine.

Just removing the master cylinder cover doesnt let air into the system unless the level is already really low, you will see why when you take the cover off
Old 08-09-2011, 02:57 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

thanks will give it a go!