Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Today 01:00 PM Berkyboy

mackmack

I believe we talked about the seat issue on the phone last month and we would still issue you a credit if needed.

steve .... I was not me you talked to "LAST MONTH" i only ordered the seat last week 8-21-7 got it on 8-23-7... i have only call gofasters 1 time and that was to ask a question about ordering online... thanks

Old 08-29-2007, 02:47 PM

I ordered one Monday. I may have it tomorrow. I'll report the fit on mine ('03 tall).
Old 08-29-2007, 05:04 PM

I have the tall medium Guts seat foam from Go Fasters on my 06 DE300 and my 06 DE250. I also bought the Guts brand for my last several bikes. They are lower on the very rear than stock but are thicker over the mounting brackets where it needs to be. When you ride the bike it feels fine. The foam does fit like crap, is poorly moulded with one side being thicker than the other from side to side and has the sides trimmed like in your picture. If you want them to fit and look good, you have to do some sanding on the sides and bottom to get both sides even and to get it to lay on the seat base properly. When you sand, only sand the part that contacts the seat base, not the top of the foam or the cover will look lumpy. The problem with the cover fitting is that the same cover is used for both the standard seat and the tall. The tall seat is flat so the distance from front to rear is shorter so if you pull the cover too tight it will be too long. I think the front of the tall seat is too tall and affects the handleing so I sand about an inch off the bottom side to get a profile that is simular to the stock profile. The foam is still thicker at the rear where you need it to keep your butt from hitting the seat base and give you more height. This also helps the cover fit better too. If you look in the "For sale section", I have my two 06's for sale and you can see how the seats look on the bikes. If you look close you can see the 250 is shaved to the stock height and the 300 is about 1/2 way in between. Dave
Old 08-30-2007, 11:52 AM

Thumbs up

Dave,

Thats a real nice job! I would like something like that as well, a little taller and softer but not the full tall seat.