Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:03 PM

I have a WER that came with my bike. I've never had one before, so I can't compare. I know I'll not have a bike without one now.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
On the '12, this will be an issue with any tower because the tower center has to be in the general position of the tank bolt. The pre '05 frames were like this too, in '05 they moved it and it was easier. The Scotts tower will perhaps be a little better because its center is closer to steering stem center, but thats why its weaker. My custom tower is just like the Motosportz, half over the bolt.
After checking a few other setups out I see that you are right. I guess my only other option would be to mount a scotts or wer on the fender. I really like the Motoportz damper itself and Kelly at Motosportz is awesome to deal with, so looks like it is what it is with the collar. If anyone is looking for a damper he has some awesome deals for GG forum members.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:02 AM

The Fastway is very nice, same functionality as the Scotts with more adjustments. If I were buying new I would try one. I got an almost new Scotts for less than half the cost of a Fastway. They use the same mounting dimmensions, but have a longer arm as OEM, like what I have changed on the Scotts. PMB/Fastway has limited towers available, but what they do have is excellent. Very large base post, two piece design. I have been talking with Justin there and a tower for a '12 GG is in the works, likely due out in Sept.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:04 PM

A buddy has a fastway for sale for $300 without mounts and it looks like it will drop on my setup in place of my Scott's. Been thinking hard about swapping it out to see how it is.
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 06-29-2012, 01:59 PM

Steve,

If the Scotts works and is in good shape save your $300 towards a 2stroke. My original Scotts is from my '98 KTM200, a well worn Ohlins mfg unit and I wanted a fresh unit for my new bike.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:24 PM

I have had two dampers a Scotts on my old KTM and now a GPR V4 undermount on my EC250. The GPR was the biggest waste of money ever... I literally don't think it works properly if it works at all. There is one knob... I repeat one knob. The damping feels the same no matter what speed you move the bars and for that matter it really only has resistance in the middle of the stroke, then seems to release at either side? Yea it looks really cool, but the Scotts had waaaay more functionality and adjustability. You could feel the Scotts doing its thing on the bike stand, move the bars slowly and feel a light resistance, try to move them very fast and it would resist you. Can't figure out why the GPR doesn't act the same. Any one else feel frustrated the spent good money on the GPR?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:12 PM

Never owned one, but tried and never liked them either. Its a simple passive valved unit like a WER or Motosportz. Scotts and Fastway are much more sophisticated. IMO, for woods where your turning a lot, you want light to zero low speed dampening with a high speed "trigger" for those unexpected oh s*$# moments like hitting a rock or root wrong and deflecting. If you have ever experienced this, and have been saved by it, you won't want anything else. You can't do that with a passive damper without dialing in some low speed dampening that you may not want. The others are fine for higher speed open riding where you would crank up the dampening anyway.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:43 AM

I had the GPR on my 625sxc and it worked well... nowhere close to the scotts.. but well.. you could really tell by taking it off.. It just fought the rider a bit much..the dampen return to center is a bit tiring in the tight stuff.. I like the scotts better..I would not mind trying the fastway as said before its even more adjustable..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 07-03-2012, 06:55 AM

Steve,

Before you spend $300 on a Fastway, considering you have a good Scotts that does the same thing, put that towards a set of Flexxbars. Like the damper they can move from bike to bike, and might really help with your hand issues.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:59 AM
skraMnoR

I just purchased and installed a GPR v4 stabilzer (damper).
Instructions are vague and no mention of Gas Gas specific install process. So far it is working as it should. Doing its job without being overly obvious. I actually installed the GPR at the same time I did some Power Valve work on my bike. When I test rode the bike after, I was focused on the new power of the engine and didn't even think about the GPR. I like that!

I am going on a 4 day ride this weekend to Loretta Lynn's ranch and hope to put the GPR through it's paces.