Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto9 View Post
I'd love to get a TTX shock...but can't aford the cost right now,,,plus I spent hours valving and revalving to get the stock sachs shock working pretty good.
Also I invested in a heavy spring, bladder and cap.
So, I have a lot of time and money invested in the stock shock which is in perfect condition except for the broken top eye.

Just put yourself in my place for a minute, bike down for 3 weeks now, which no one knows if and when I'll be able to get a $170.00 part.
Hell I'll take a used one...the factory must have a test shock or two laying around some where.
Look for a good shock on ebay? Husky's Sachs shock body should work (not 100% sure)? Found 3 on there in seconds...$250-$350 range...

2011 Beta 400 RR (sorry )
2010 GAS GAS XC 300
2007 KTM 200 XC

Old 03-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The real question is, can I stop myself from buying another Gas Gas again.

I don't think so.......Ive got the addiction bad.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
i never thought that, i meant that eeking a few bucks outta extra shipping just ends up rubbing me the wrong way - if i just need a $1 part, at least offer to ship it via some method that's not $12.00....makes it pretty disheartening when you need an o-ring and gotta pay $13.00 for it. . . .
I recently ordered a set of head o-rings and a couple of the little gaskets for the water inlet from GoFasters. I thought the $12 to ship them was a goofy ratio between order size/value and cost to ship myself, so I asked whoever I talked to there if there wasn't some cheaper way. He mentioned some limitation with the web site calculating shipping and I ended up paying less. $8 I think. Still high for what it was, but to their credit they were willing to stick them in a $.47 envelop if I wanted to, but couldn't guarantee no damage. In the end it was my choice.

So I guess it never hurts to give them a call and talk to them. In my case they were very understanding and more than willing to work something out. I've had a few orders and they've been great to deal with.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
What other manufacturer out there will you see the importer and the parts distributer get on a forum and chat with all of us? Try that with the big 4 or the orange bikes. I relish in this opportunity right now cause who knows 10 yrs. from now Gas Gas will be alot bigger and these guys wont have the time like they do now.
Aint that the truth!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 PM

In a heart beat ! Awesome bikes. BTW I have purchashed a few things from GoFasters and have always had great service/dealings. Clay getting us most of what we want and answering all our questions is just icing on the cake.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:23 PM

I have to give a thumbs up to Scotts Performance in CA. I ordered some parts for my damper from the online store, about $20 worth that would fit in an envelope. I was annoyed about the $12 UPS shipping charge, and figured I wouldn't see them for a week. Well today they showed up in a USPS envelope, $1.64 shipping, with the balance credited to my Paypal account.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT Cycle View Post
Look for a good shock on ebay? Husky's Sachs shock body should work (not 100% sure)? Found 3 on there in seconds...$250-$350 range...
Well at first I thought GF might be able to get the part, I know Mark worked hard on it bouncing several emails to the factory...so I was in wait mode.
Thank you Mark BTW
I recently found out it's on back order...unknown if and when it might be available.
So, today I took the part to a marine fabrication shop to see if it could be repaired, I want to see the out-come before I invest in a used shock.

I didn't want to get a different shock that would require another session of testing and revalving, I'd need to get a heavier spring for it as well,,etc or play guess if the parts will swap...if I could just order the right part to begin with.
Thank God I don't have sachs forks, is sachs like ghost company, I couldn't find anything on the web where I'd actually be able to call some one and ask about parts.
Hopefully the fab shop will be able to repair it.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:32 AM

From what I hear its pretty much like an Ohlins inside, so valving will be close, and KYB springs fit, so easy source.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Everything you have listed there are parts that aren't even made by gas gas. Could have happened with any bike. I have had zero issues with getting any parts here in Australia (except Sachs fork internals - who's Sachs??). Occassionally the prices are a bit higher than expected. When I bought new reed petals I thought they were a bit OTT but everything else seems to be about the same as anything else.

I had seriously considered buying my 2nd GG this year, but instead decided to treat my 2010 to some new parts. Do a 300 to 250 conversion and ride it for another year. I'm that happy with it.
Thats just what i found in the last couple of days I have went through the motor all bearings done a yz kickstarter conversion with new shaft,the reeds are 01 cr 250 i called v force to conferm so i got them for $50 but its still just sucks gettin parts for i needed some parts to race this weekend but the guy at gofasters wasnt there and do to work it was the only day i had to order the parts. Its just about a brand new bike and i know that parts wear out I think it was the previous owners lack of maintenance and to make you feel better about what you buy online it was listed on the classifieds here as a low hour dealer bike. I had to have the cylinder redone the piston was cracked and so on but it ran fine. a compression check would have saved me from this heartache. I have freinds that get me parts cheap but not for gasgas so the parts are costing me double to triple to what a jap bike would. I really thought the local gasgas dealer would be some help but i dont even call them now so here i set out a race becous of parts I have never done this with a jap bike or a ktm for that matter. This bike has took my will to ride it has ruined my winter I have rode twice since owning this bike every time I look at it or clean it up i find something else it needs. but that should stop as I have replaced just about every thing but the suspension and bottom end. hope it holds together.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:15 AM

So your saying a dealer listed this bike here in the classifieds as a low hour demo and sold you a rat?