Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:37 PM

An electronic PV controller integrated with the ignition to match the advance and PV curves is the way to go. Resolution is what will increase smoothness. Does the Sherco have this?

Old 12-22-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
And I know nothing about PV's on dirt bikes, and can only imagine the abruptness of a light switch in there. On my RZ350 I wired the darn thing open (after installing it backwards and wondering why it ran so poorly...), but I can only imagine the gains from having a truly "adjustable" rate of opening and timing. Mix that up with a SmartCarb and you could have a real winner on your hands.
Friend had a RZV500 that he wired the PV open... That thing would just about wheelie over backwards when it hit!
Old 12-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Banned

Sherco Group 1 007.jpg

Sherco Group 1 008.jpg

Sherco Group 1 001.jpg

Sherco Group 2 003.jpg

Sherco Group 2 006.jpg
I took a few pics yesterday. Here are 5 of them. Two are of the bike. One is of the polished rear axle nut. The other is of the skid plate and yes the bike comes with the foam in the plate. The last one is of a cool little spring loaded clip on the rear brake adjuster. You can push that clip off and remove the clevis without having to remove a cotter pin.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Don't know if anyones mentioned it or not.. But no kick starters on any of their models. Everything else looks pretty sweet. My local GG dealer has been doing Sherco for some time. I've taken the 300 4T for a spin and its nice. I think he's going to get himself one of the 250 2T's when they hit the shores. Definitely be getting some seat time on that!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Don't know if anyones mentioned it or not.. But no kick starters on any of their models. Everything else looks pretty sweet. My local GG dealer has been doing Sherco for some time. I've taken the 300 4T for a spin and its nice. I think he's going to get himself one of the 250 2T's when they hit the shores. Definitely be getting some seat time on that!
Yup that's the first thing I mentioned when I seen this bike! I wouldn't bring a bike without a kickstarter deep into the woods.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:40 PM

That axle nut looks like it is oriented backwards.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
Yup that's the first thing I mentioned when I seen this bike! I wouldn't bring a bike without a kickstarter deep into the woods.
I had those thoughts when I bought my Husaberg FE570, but it never let me down in 2 full seasons...
I wouldn't hesitate with a 2T for sure...
Old 12-23-2012, 06:03 PM

That wasn't the Husabergs issue.

Sent from my 5860E using Tapatalk 2
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 12-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think it'll be an issue for Sherco either. I don't think they would have gone ahead and dropped the kick starter if they had even the slightest doubt that the e-start wasn't going to be reliable. Their 4T range has been kickerless for as long as I can remember. Cars have gone this way a long time ago too and I'm sure the first ones to drop the old manual crank probably scared a few people. In saying that when you pair up an e-start only and an auto trans you are basically limited by the life of your battery/electrical system. In a dirt bike this means a faulty switch block, rubbed through wire, or just a battery thats been cranked too long after a decent flooding/water ingestion/start stop riding can be the end of your day and thats not something I want in the middle of no where. The weight savings from dropping such a proven and reliable component don't seem worth it in my opinion. Its also less of a problem if you're not running an auto crutch, however it may result in more use of the button if you stall/flame out alot.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:33 PM

I think it's a huge issue for some like myself! Cars don't go threw seat height river crossings and roll down hills end over end and expect them to start. In some of the harshest conditions ie. rain, mud extreme cold and snow. If I'm 50km away from anything in -10c and snowing I don't want to be questioning weather e start will work or fail for whatever reason. I've said this in previous posts I've been in this pickle with a 450 ktm and it turned out to be 6 hours of torcher. Tested or not it's still a basic estart with battery and Bendix. Anything can go wrong. Just my 2 cents