Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:36 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95jersey View Post
Yes 2 things.

1) AJP clutch MC/lever is junk and a known recall issue. There were only replaced under 30 day warranty if the customer brought it to the dealer attention. If you bike still has the AJP, it will fail...not if but when. There is a Magura direct replacement, make sure you get the one that uses mineral oil
To clarify...there was never a recall issued by GGMNA. My 2-2014's never failed, and neither have my 2015's. Color me lucky but then again...I did have 2 Magura's fail on 2 different OB bikes within a 3 year time span, and they were not replaced under warranty. Last year at Big Buck GNCC, I tried to help a rider install his new Magura the night before the race, and it didn't work right out of the box. It simply refused to pump fluid. That being said I have no doubts of a few possible failures with the AJP unit because I do remember yours going bad, but I wouldn't go as far to call it junk anymore than I would the Magura.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
To clarify...there was never a recall issued by GGMNA. My 2-2014's never failed, and neither have my 2015's. Color me lucky but then again...I did have 2 Magura's fail on 2 different OB bikes within a 3 year time span, and they were not replaced under warranty. Last year at Big Buck GNCC, I tried to help a rider install his new Magura the night before the race, and it didn't work right out of the box. It simply refused to pump fluid. That being said I have no doubts of a few possible failures with the AJP unit because I do remember yours going bad, but I wouldn't go as far to call it junk anymore than I would the Magura.
It was not a recall. Poor choice of words on my part. But it is a known problem and I went through 2 of them before finally replacing with a Magura. Also know 2 others in addition to Hamilton who had an issue personally. I am not knocking Gas it was an AJP issue. Parts fail. It happens. The original poster asked for any known issues that may need attention and I felt this legitimately is one especially on late models.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:19 AM

Wow! Nice feedbacks guys, this is my second gasser. Its a slightly used 2015 i bought, Think it has 40h on the Clock. I see mine has the ajp clutch system so i will hold my thumbs it doesnt brake on me.

The jetting seems to be very good so i don't Think I will leave it for now.
I have now greased the linkage so thats fixed. And also bought a lithium battery. And removed the gummy plug in the air filter box.

Overall the bike seems to be very neat, i like the new oil level glass and brake pedal and shifter. It also seems to be a Little bit lower and more narrow around the tank then my provius gasser (2013).

Im very pleased with the respond i got from this forum! Sucks i didnt find it earlier. I Live in Finland.

Its Winter here now so i cant really test it out properly becouse its fucking Cold. But in a few months it will be spring

I will ride a mix of endurocross/mx/singeltrack, hope it gonna rock!
Old 01-21-2016, 02:58 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_Zorba View Post
Wow! Nice feedbacks guys, this is my second gasser. Its a slightly used 2015 i bought, Think it has 40h on the Clock. I see mine has the ajp clutch system so i will hold my thumbs it doesnt brake on me.

The jetting seems to be very good so i don't Think I will leave it for now.
I have now greased the linkage so thats fixed. And also bought a lithium battery. And removed the gummy plug in the air filter box.

Overall the bike seems to be very neat, i like the new oil level glass and brake pedal and shifter. It also seems to be a Little bit lower and more narrow around the tank then my provius gasser (2013).

Im very pleased with the respond i got from this forum! Sucks i didnt find it earlier. I Live in Finland.

Its Winter here now so i cant really test it out properly becouse its fucking Cold. But in a few months it will be spring

I will ride a mix of endurocross/mx/singeltrack, hope it gonna rock!
Be sure to have someone snap a picture of you and your new bike, then share it with us at www.facebook.com/gasgasmotos.us
Old 05-12-2016, 02:57 AM

Stock up on kickstart shafts
Old 05-12-2016, 02:10 PM

I have nearly 70hrs on my '15' EC300 now and have noticed the following:

As mentioned the side stand comes loose. Use locktite.
While on locktite put it on the sub-frame bolts. I have lost plenty of those!
I have changed my jetting as per posts on this forum. Do a quick search you will find plenty of info.
Both of my radiators split the cores. I now run Ebay specials and have not had any issues.
If your after some extra grunt get the squish done. It makes a world of difference. I have also had an oval bore done on the carb.
I found the forks extremely harsh and I'm 75kg butt naked. So I now run 3 weight oil in the forks and have the comp clickers nearly all the way soft. I have nearly no preload on the PFP also.
The shock is great. I have it reasonably soft comp but it works really well for me. I adjusted it until I was getting tire marks on the mudguard for normal riding conditions (whoops, jumps etc.) then I went 2 clicks harder.
Everything else on the bike works fine. I have not had the said clutch issues etc.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:57 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Yes the forks feel harsh initially.i found there was an improvement after 70/80hrs from new,and slowing the rebound(increasing reb damping) by at least 6clicks helped.(13 200)
Keep an eye on the stock chainslider/guide,replaced mine with tmd around 100hrs
Old 05-16-2016, 08:31 AM

Anything else guys? im just about to pick up my 15 ec250. ?????
any new updates on crossovers or upgrades to do?
Old 05-18-2016, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulos View Post
Stock up on kickstart shafts
Try and get your hands on an earlier model shaft if you can. I've got a mate who has snapped two new kickstart shafts in a month while his e-start has been playing up.

The new shaft has for some reason been produced with a reduction in diameter and a groove at the point of most stress. Apparently the 16's have this new shaft as well.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:03 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

One thing that I have done to mine is to replace the OEM footpegs with Talon ones. They sit a few mm lower and offer much better grip. I had some problems with slipping off the pegs during winter with the OEM type.

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc