Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:36 AM
skraMnoR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Get a GG into AMA Supercross and win some races? That's pretty expensive to do.
I can only imagine!

With Dual Sporting becoming so popular in USA now, another route would be to bring the 450/4t to USA in street legal form. I would be in line to buy one right away!

Old 06-06-2012, 10:28 AM

Have you been to a dealer lately and seen the glut of 450s on the floor? The 2strokes are whats selling. Clay has it right, stay focused on the core products.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 AM
skraMnoR

I frequent many dealerships in my area and I also ride on the trails and roads daily for about 11 months out of the year. Most people I ride with have a 250 or 300 2 stroke for dirt and a 250 or 450 4t for Dual Sport. Very popular at least in Tennessee where I do most of my riding. I also rode a couple weeks in Colorado last fall and 90% of the bikes I saw on the road were 4t dual sports. Just my observations. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skraMnoR View Post
I also ride on the trails and roads daily for about 11 months out of the year.
Krikes! Trails 11 months per year? Wow, I am REALLY jealous. That's great.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:21 PM
skraMnoR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz11 View Post
Krikes! Trails 11 months per year? Wow, I am REALLY jealous. That's great.
I should have specified trails and/OR road. I ride all year long but trails only on the weekends. Sorry.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:41 PM

Even weekends 11 months per year is righteous. In Minnesota, the forests are closed 6 months per year.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Have you been to a dealer lately and seen the glut of 450s on the floor? The 2strokes are whats selling. Clay has it right, stay focused on the core products.
I agree 100%.

Besides, even if you could get in and win a SX, that doesn't mean that it will translate in sales. Look at what happened with Suzuki a few years back. They won nearly every championship from Dungey in SX and MX, to Josh Strang in the GNCC. It didn't translate on the showroom floors. Now look at where they are, No riders in GNCC.... reportedly not paying all the perks to the top MX guys....

Like they say, dance with one who brung ya. Drive on Clay!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 AM

Clay,

You guys are doing such a tremendous job!

Before 2010, how many articles had you ever read on the Gasgas? No, Gassers aren't adorning the cover of our Dirt Bike and Dirt Rider, but they do write some articles from time to time on the bikes and ALWAYS give them rave reviews.

The enduro websites always give gassers great reviews and that is also a great way to get the name recognition as we move from the magazine to web based world.

I think getting Gassers into the hands that matter is what Clay is doing well. Having Chilly and others ride and do extensive reports is going to make a huge impact! People trust those reviews and many make purchases based on them.

Having Gasgas riders at local ISDE and Enduros is a great way to get the name out there and everyone I talk to at events has great respect for the bikes and even though they ride Orange, they consider Gasgas on par with their pumpkins. That says a lot from the koolaide drinking crowd.

Gasgas is a staple in the Euro events and is doing very well in the WEC. I get a few Euro enduro mags and Gassers are all over them, cover and all. They even win shootouts with KTM's!

At some point, a Gasser with a great pilot in the GNCC would be aweome.

Keep up the great work and thanks for all that you do!
Old 06-11-2012, 03:24 PM

I think one of the biggest problems is a shrinking market due to land closures.
Which has been compounded by the down-swing of the economy.
As riding areas shrink so will sales.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Banned

Firffighter,
Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it very much.
Chris Dennison at Dirt Rider sent me an email last week and told me that he thought I would be very pleased with their article on the 300 GG that will be in the August issue.
Cycle News article should be out any day too. I think Dirt Bike's article will be in their August issue too.
Clay