Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:07 AM

"This place is an hour or so East of Atlanta, GA.
http://www.durhamtown.com/"

That looks like a good location

But, it won't ever happen as being a National caliber gathering without the support of USA GasGas, maybe Gofasters and this sites owners. Without that its just 5 or 6 guys talking about a weekend ride (which is cool) but nothing that would draw the masses.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:25 PM

Any one that wants to ride the best trails in AR just contact me and we will hookup. A large gathering would be bitchen.

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 08-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Banned

Undertaking the organization of something like this is pretty big and time consuming. I certainly want to have an "official" GG gathering in the US at some point but just don't have the time, resources and staff to carry it off for now.

Maybe we could have a "ride within a ride" at something like the Loretta Lynn's spring trail ride near Waverly, TN. Then the trail, food, medical staff, port a johns, showers, etc would already be provided and all I would have to do is bring some demo bikes and beer!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Undertaking the organization of something like this is pretty big and time consuming. I certainly want to have an "official" GG gathering in the US at some point but just don't have the time, resources and staff to carry it off for now.

Maybe we could have a "ride within a ride" at something like the Loretta Lynn's spring trail ride near Waverly, TN. Then the trail, food, medical staff, port a johns, showers, etc would already be provided and all I would have to do is bring some demo bikes and beer!

I think something like this would be pretty cool! I think it would be really beneficial from a marketing standpoint too, considering there would be a pretty large population of potential future consumers.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:

Good idea, Clay. Put the Almosta Race in NW AR down as a 'trial run' for this plan. Jan 1, I'd love to have about 200 GG owners show up to help us raise money for Rider Down Foundation. It would sure help offset the punkins we have show up
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 08-21-2012, 04:43 AM

If we could have this gathering in first half of November Trail Pass puts on a ride at Seven Springs Resort in northern Alabama that is awesome. This place is only open to dirtbikers once a year. 3000 acres covered with trails (3 or 4 are very technical) and some huge rocks. It is beautiful. This is my favorite ride of the year. Adult beverages as well as food can be had at the Rattlesnake Saloon and a nationally know country singer performed there on Friday nite of last years' ride.
I don't how to direct link it but the following is a title of a you tube video of some of the trails: Seven_Springs_2008-05-18_Short Part 1
Old 08-21-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:

That sounds great....LL is very central located and as good as you can get for facility/camping/things 2 do on site.
If we got it out to the gasgas guys that this was an event to do demo rides/hang with the fellow gassers then it might be a good showing. Count me in for 4 people & 2 bikes
Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Banned

I won't have all of the bike in November or January for demo rides and I'm a procrastinator so lets plan on the LL spring ride. By then I should have at least one of every bike for demo rides. I will contact the guys who organize this (Middle TN Dirt Riders) and make sure it is ok with them.
So....unofficially official....Gas Gas rides and demos at the Loretta Lynn Spring ride which is in late March or early April.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie View Post
That sounds great....LL is very central located and as good as you can get for facility/camping/things 2 do on site.
If we got it out to the gasgas guys that this was an event to do demo rides/hang with the fellow gassers then it might be a good showing. Count me in for 4 people & 2 bikes
+ good opportunity to bring other riders to the GG "fold'. LL will work for me, so I'm in !

(but Almosta invite is still open for anyone that wants to come......free camping and free food on race day) :-)
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 08-21-2012, 10:31 AM

Man....that is a heck of a trip for western states guys.....
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals