Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:43 AM

Please show me a pic of this reed block, this is news to me. Back in '04 I designed and built my own manifold to use a VForce II on an '03 EC250. There were no other options for a separate manofold/reed valve, just the integrated RAD valve. A friend here from Sweden did the same thing. If there was an option at the time I think one of us would have found it.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
Does the reed block look like anything posted in this thread?
Theres a few cross overs thrown around, I never did find out about a reed petal with 2 screw holes per reed.
I ended up using a Boyeson PSR-21, which I believe is from a 96 YZ250, which has 3 screw holes per reed
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12762

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
It's not the Rad valve, it's Boyesen. Well, it was for my 2002 and all of the others in that year range. If you have four reeds it's the Rad valve, if you have two reeds it's the Boyesen PSR-21.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...2&postcount=14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Please show me a pic of this reed block, this is news to me. Back in '04 I designed and built my own manifold to use a VForce II on an '03 EC250. There were no other options for a separate manofold/reed valve, just the integrated RAD valve. A friend here from Sweden did the same thing. If there was an option at the time I think one of us would have found it.
The block below is what was on my bike. According to Boyesen it is the stock manifold for the 2002 XC300 and the '96 YZ250. It's all that I know about it. Bought reeds for a '96, the PSR-21, and they fit perfectly. I'm not trying to be obstinate, it's just what I found, and several others have found, too.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostby View Post
I have a spare set still in packaging for my '00, Boyesen part number is RL-02, should say the 2nd set, one of which I am currently using. This is the "power reed" if that makes a difference. Not carbon fiber. And they're identical to the original ones that I replaced.

Well those above are the ones I need...BUT, didn't get lol. I needed them quick so when looking through the old posts I thought it said get the 90-96 yr YZ 250 reeds. My bad I jumped the gun.
Here is what I got...
I'm at work now so cant match up size, but mine are the 2 hole not the 3 (when I say 2 hole I don't mean the screw holes, but the reads themselves).
Big question if they match up size wise could I use the the 3 hole and get by or will it not work right?

here is the pic of what i got

Old 09-20-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie View Post
Well those above are the ones I need...BUT, didn't get lol. I needed them quick so when looking through the old posts I thought it said get the 90-96 yr YZ 250 reeds. My bad I jumped the gun.
Here is what I got...
I'm at work now so cant match up size, but mine are the 2 hole not the 3 (when I say 2 hole I don't mean the screw holes, but the reads themselves).
Big question if they match up size wise could I use the the 3 hole and get by or will it not work right?

here is the pic of what i got

I can't say if yours will fit. I just noticed the three reed holes in your picture, not at all like mine. I know that mine were for exactly one year of YZ250 (1996), I seem to remember that I didn't want to order for any other year. The customer service rep at Boyesen agreed that I wanted the reeds from 1996, not from any other year.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:29 PM

Just as I thought, you have a Boyeseen RAD valve. All RAD valves are integrated reed block/manifold. Also, many take the same replacement reeds, and are all the two petal type. I know for a fact the CR250 RAD and OEM GG reeds are the same size. In fact the entire RAD valve is almost the same with the GG having a more acute spigot angle.

So what you did is order replacement reeds for a YZ with a STOCK reed block, not a RAD valve.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:38 PM

grrr...I imagine that these 3 pedal wont work in a pinch until the get the correct rad valve ones?
Thanks
Old 09-20-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Just as I thought, you have a Boyeseen RAD valve. All RAD valves are integrated reed block/manifold. Also, many take the same replacement reeds, and are all the two petal type. I know for a fact the CR250 RAD and OEM GG reeds are the same size. In fact the entire RAD valve is almost the same with the GG having a more acute spigot angle.

So what you did is order replacement reeds for a YZ with a STOCK reed block, not a RAD valve.
My apologies, I was confused on terminology. So, I ordered reeds for a stock 1996 YZ250, and they fit on the GasGas XC300 Boyesen RAD valve. Got it. I think. And you are saying that the CR250 reed block will bolt into place? Interesting. Any performance difference between the CR250 and the RAD valve?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:12 PM

No need to apologize. No, the reeds in that pick DO NOT fit the GG RAD valve. They are for the stock reed block of a YZ250. Look at the RAD valve, its clear, it uses a reed with two larger petals, not three.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:22 PM

I just made a similar mistake. I ordered 1996 YZ250 reeds for my GasGAS. My reed block looks like this.

I didn't order the 1996 yz250 Rad Valve Reeds. I ordered the ones for the YZ250 stock manifold. So reeds don't fit.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:31 PM

Boyesen just got back to me today. For my bike, 2003 EC250, the PSR-21 just doesn't fit but is the replacement for my bike.