Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 PM

Default blue marble

I started using blue marble, oil 4 yrs ago, i mix it 50:1. Its very very clean oil, and after the bike warms up, there is no smoke. I did a top end, with no carbon build up on the head or power valve. I'm sold on it..

Old 03-26-2010, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundy View Post
Thats alot of oil, I run 50:1 using this stuff

Me to,@ 50:1,runs clean
Old 03-28-2010, 03:20 PM

i run castrol ttr fully synthetic @50:1 and have next to no spooge carb set with factory needles ON 1 clip below middle #7 slide
Old 03-28-2010, 04:49 PM

How about Maxima Castor 927 Oil? Anyone running Castor oil?
Old 03-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Site Sponsor

i have run castor 927 in my gasgas. smells nice. i was a bit worried about gumming up the pv so i switched. i dunno if castor will gum it up or not, but i know the synthetics will not..
Old 05-04-2010, 01:39 PM

Default AMS oil

I was running AMS Dominator at 50:1 in my EC300, and it always ran srong and clean. On the recommendation of some very knowledgable mechanics, I tried AMS Saber at 100:1, and the bike ran rough (sputtered) under load at mid-range. It appeared to be running a bit rich. I switched back and it ran better. Does this make any sense? Should I be running a leaner main jet with the Saber?
Old 05-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav View Post
I was running AMS Dominator at 50:1 in my EC300, and it always ran srong and clean. On the recommendation of some very knowledgable mechanics, I tried AMS Saber at 100:1, and the bike ran rough (sputtered) under load at mid-range. It appeared to be running a bit rich. I switched back and it ran better. Does this make any sense? Should I be running a leaner main jet with the Saber?
This does make sense. When you add less oil, there's more fuel to be burned, thus making your jetting richer. I used to be sponsored by Amsoil and they insisted I run it at 100:1, it even said it on the bottle at the time. I also blew that bottom end up twice in six months. If you want your engine to last a long time without excess wear, run more oil. It's cheaper and it's a lot less hassle. Dyno runs prove that more oil also means more power. An engine run at 16:1 will make more power than an engine run at 50:1. I have found that 32:1, or Les' magic 36:1 are my favorite ratios. There's plenty of lube, and it's reasonably cost effective.

Spooge: If you run at low rpm all the time and have an MX tuned exhaust, you'll get lots of spooge because it (the exhaust gasses) cools off too much. A low end pipe with a short muffler on a two stroke, run around at low rpm will not spooge or smoke nearly as much. I wouldn't go changing your jetting based on smoke or spooge either. You should go off of the way the bike feels. If you can't tell, you can use the plug check method, but you have to do that right, or you're wasting your time. Checking for each circuit in the throttle opening range, which will mean indexing your throttle and having a long straight stretch to work with.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs