Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 03-03-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
I used to have the all-plastic Acerbis Rallys and honestly never had a problem..
Where you using a stock bar? If you check out this post, the author mentions fitment problems with the Hebo bar and the Acerbis Rally Pro.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:03 PM

I have busted several sets of Acerbis Rally handguards. They rotate way to easy and plastic and cold weather riding don't mix.

2005 GasGas EC300 (Ohlins front and rear)
2007 Yamaha FZ1
2003 Pampera 280(hers)
Old 03-04-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregarious View Post
Did you mount them to the stock bars? If so, which clamps did you use? I just took delivery of a set of Cycra Solution mounts, but they're really quite heavy. I haven't even opened the package yet because I might send them back. Protection vs. weight was never an issue with me, but I'm thinking a set of plastic guards might be better on the EC300 for the slower trail riding I do. I know polisport makes something, and there's the Acerbis Rally Pro, but I'm not sure which brackets I'd use for the stock bars.
Get a set of the BONZ mounts with the EE/Moose guards and the Moose shields to go with your new ProTect bar mount. Nice clean setup. Even if your just doing slow trail riding you want the full handguards to protect the levers and master cylinders from damage from those times when you fall. I vote for Pivot Pegs by the way for your new scoot. Love mine.

Skidad in MA
Old 03-04-2008, 11:52 AM

Skidad,

Do the pivot pegs make shifting any eaiser with larger/stiffer boots? My new SG10s are very nice, comfy, and appear to offer great protection. They are just a little bigger in overall dimmensions than my Tech 6s and ARC 220s and I may have to do some shifter adjustment(tweaking) to feel natural. One spline up is too high. Maybe after a couple rides things will change. I used to run lowboy Fastways on my '03, but I noticed a definate increase in hits on the rocks so I left the '07 stock.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

It's not going to change. I have the SG-10's too and my shifter is too high, but I can't get my boot under it if I move it down a spline.

Since the stock shifter is so short and the shift tip is so flimsy, I'm counting on Hammerhead coming out with the shifter this month.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Skidad,

Do the pivot pegs make shifting any eaiser with larger/stiffer boots? My new SG10s are very nice, comfy, and appear to offer great protection. They are just a little bigger in overall dimmensions than my Tech 6s and ARC 220s and I may have to do some shifter adjustment(tweaking) to feel natural. One spline up is too high. Maybe after a couple rides things will change. I used to run lowboy Fastways on my '03, but I noticed a definate increase in hits on the rocks so I left the '07 stock.
I would say yes it will help some but may not solve your problem completely. They allow the foot to more easily articulate on that front edge of the peg which can help some. I was not aware the Pivot Pegs has a low position option, I just put mine on the way they came. I'll need to check on that. The SG10 was SO much bigger a boot between the size 10 and 11 (which I needed) that I wouldn't buy it. My foot looked huge and it really bugged me. Very happy so far with my Six Six One Flight boots in size 11. I'll bet you have an 11 or bigger SG10 boot.

Skidad in MA
Old 03-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

My boots are size 8 and I can't get them under the shifter in the prefered level.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:43 PM

Mine are size 9. I may even have been able to fit in size 8s. I wear 8 1/2 sneakers and the place I ordered them from said go with the 9, feels a hair big but OK with heavy socks though. The toe of the boot is just taller. I think a little heating and tweaking the shifter up about 10mm will work, that was an old Jim Cook trick. I have an extra shifter to try it on.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:58 AM

How did the tweeking on your shifter go Glen? My SG10's size 9 are hard to upshift too. Bob.
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 08-17-2009, 08:27 AM

I'm a size nine, Tech 7s. I bent my shifter up quite a bit and it helped a little with upshift. I think the longer shifter would be a better solution because at some point in bending you end up having to lift your foot way up for downshifting. The longer lever will give added room without raising the "resting" position too high for comfortable downshifts. I have an extra shifter and I'm going to try welding in an extension to see how that works.

There are posts here with bigfoot people who are very pleased with the Hammerhead shifter.
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 Duc S2r 1000 still rubber side down...
----------------------------------------------------------
May be so... May be not so...

My Website