Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendr3702 View Post
i think that was mine... originally the DR was too big to fit inside the clutch basket.. when i put an oe fiber on it, it was bigger..so the ring drug inside the basket itself... sent it back with the basket and he fixed that by milling down the ring.. He said he has an oe gg basket there that the dr would fit right in but not in mine..
then we had to get a 1mm thinner washer between the hub and the basket to move the clutch in, so we could get the gap at the pp without hitting the inside of the clutch cover...

mine is an 01, he said it was one of the oldest gg's he has ever put one in..
Ah yeah, I may have read a post you made about that, as it sounds pretty familiar. I'm hoping I can find one that's only a few years old and hasn't had too much use. "Worst case" I'll get a 2011, but I'd prefer to save my pennies since I don't really don't even want e-start and a battery on it. Actually, I think the 2010 is one of the nicest bikes I've seen, so I may scour the west coast and see if I can find a shop with a close-out.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

300 4T to a 300 2T...... increase in quite a bit more power and snap for sure.

Really the only possible scenarios that I could see where the e start with the auto clutch could save your bacon, would be if you lost your kick start lever. Also in a very unlikely case it did cough and die while on a gnarly hill.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 02-23-2011, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendr3702 View Post
i think that was mine... originally the DR was too big to fit inside the clutch basket.. when i put an oe fiber on it, it was bigger..so the ring drug inside the basket itself... sent it back with the basket and he fixed that by milling down the ring.. He said he has an oe gg basket there that the dr would fit right in but not in mine..
then we had to get a 1mm thinner washer between the hub and the basket to move the clutch in, so we could get the gap at the pp without hitting the inside of the clutch cover...

mine is an 01, he said it was one of the oldest gg's he has ever put one in..
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
300 4T to a 300 2T...... increase in quite a bit more power and snap for sure.

Really the only possible scenarios that I could see where the e start with the auto clutch could save your bacon, would be if you lost your kick start lever. Also in a very unlikely case it did cough and die while on a gnarly hill.

Roscoe
Hopefully it's not too much of a contrast? I had a KDX200 a few bikes back, and from the sounds of it an EC300 is less peaky and more tractable so I'm really not too worried. The TE310 lacks a tad on the low end, but it's pretty snappy once the revs get up and can certainly keep you on your toes. It's almost...like a 2-stroke. Hah. The irony will be going from a "4-stroke that's like 2-stroke" to a "2-stroke that's like 4-stroke". At least that's how I've heard both bikes described.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

You Might try Gran Prix Cycle in Albany Oregon. He had several bikes in stock last time I was there. He may have had a '10.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 02-24-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
You Might try Gran Prix Cycle in Albany Oregon. He had several bikes in stock last time I was there. He may have had a '10.
Thanks for the tip, Mike. I checked, and nadda, but that's okay. I'm keeping my eyes open on Craigstlist and such.

-Jesse
Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Hi Jesse,

So you've checked the New Bike forum (Lewisport?) There are a couple of shops there showing 2010s.

Jeff

And here's a 2010 for $6K.

http://www.atlanticmotosports.com/17.html

Last edited by farmerj; 02-26-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdosher View Post
Ah yeah, I may have read a post you made about that, as it sounds pretty familiar. I'm hoping I can find one that's only a few years old and hasn't had too much use. "Worst case" I'll get a 2011, but I'd prefer to save my pennies since I don't really don't even want e-start and a battery on it. Actually, I think the 2010 is one of the nicest bikes I've seen, so I may scour the west coast and see if I can find a shop with a close-out.
http://www.ahscs.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9443

I don't know where you are at but here is one
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro