Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:46 AM

The youtube links are all of Livingston rides that's about 20 minutes from my house. West Point (Tennessee) has around 100 miles of marked trail and most is single track. It is leased by NATRA (North Alabama Trailriders Association). Carter Mt. is good riding but closed from mid September to early January. Brimestone, Coal Creek, and Royal Blue range from 60,000 - 160,000 acres each and less than an hour from each other. These 3 riding areas are roughly an hour northwest of Knoxville, TN.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogroove View Post
I heard great things about Brushy Mountain, and even better things about Durhamtown Plantation. Durhamtown, evidently, has a large rental fleet, a very impressive "pro shop", and an extensive trail system with assorted motocross tracks scattered along the trails. I hope to try that in the fall or over next winter.
durhamtown is an interesting place - i went to durhamtown and highland park back to back.

durhamtown is geared so anyone can enjoy it - there's nothing too difficult - there's alot of singletrack, everything is one way (but laid out REALLY convoluted) - there's no hills - the area is totally flat. you can have a lot of fun there, and spend 2 days. if you do mx, there's ALOT of tracks (7 or 8?)

highland park is more challenging - i've been 3 times - 1 time when it was raining, and it was really really challenging. once when it was dry and there were still some tough sections. and once on a trials bike, and it was incredibly easy highland park was clearly designed from beginning to end. durhamtown is a mish mosh, but much more expansive. highland park is significantly smaller, and has enough trails for 1 day - 75% of it single track.....durhamtown has a lot going on.

cabin rental at durhamtown and highland park is cheap. camping is even cheaper...
both have bike rentals.....

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com