Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 03-21-2011, 10:44 AM

So I went to the dealer and they gave me a handful of 21 and 22 mm x.10 shims. Unfortunately the shims were 6mm ID and I need 8mm. So a buddy had a 16, 18, 21mm x .10 and I installed those on 1 fork and moved the tiny transition shim up a few in the stack. I put 7wt oil back in the fork and now it is slightly slower at full hard than my WP fork and slightly faster at full soft. I did not have any more shims for the other fork so I just set them both to full hard and went racing.

I need to pull them apart again this week and figure out where I need to go now.

On the mid valve there was a real heavy duty shim and it was removed. With this rebound mess I have no clue if the other valving is working well or not. The forks just don't feel progressive enough to me, but if the rebound dampening is non-exsistent then nothing would feel right.

I only made it 16 miles into the national Hare and Hound before DNFing. I had a top 5 start, got tangled up with another rider, and screwed my bike up big time. I found another buddy on the ground with a concusion and separated shoulder and stayed to get him out of there. My bike was not working well so my mission became focused on getting him out of there.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:46 PM

Has anyone been in to the new bikes yet with zokes forks? It just seems weird they would be exactly the same as say, 2007.