Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Gasser, you should make the drive north to the Buffaloe 500 put on by the Stoney Lonesome MC club in Columbus Indiana. It is normally the second week end in August it's two days of superb Indiana single track, lunch both days, a hog roast Sat. Night and some great people! This year was the 25th year and it was held on six different properties with back roads connecting them. One 20 mile stretch of single track is owned and maintained by former Pacer player and all around motorcycle nut Rik Smits and it has to be one of the best in the Midwest. It is probably a 6 hour drive from where you are in God's country!

Custom billet bits

Old 09-13-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byost View Post
Gasser, you should make the drive north to the Buffaloe 500 put on by the Stoney Lonesome MC club in Columbus Indiana. It is normally the second week end in August it's two days of superb Indiana single track, lunch both days, a hog roast Sat. Night and some great people! This year was the 25th year and it was held on six different properties with back roads connecting them. One 20 mile stretch of single track is owned and maintained by former Pacer player and all around motorcycle nut Rik Smits and it has to be one of the best in the Midwest. It is probably a 6 hour drive from where you are in God's country!
Sounds perfect! I have never heard of this event but it's exactly the kind of event I'm looking for. Thanks for posting it up. Is Rik Smits that 7 foot basketball player that races endurocross?
Old 10-13-2013, 07:10 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Yes, Rik is a great guy, he is allways willing to talk motorcycles and is kind enough to let the club use his property.
Custom billet bits
Old 10-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Not in my State, but I've heard the Six Days of Michigan trail ride is pretty kick ass.

That Nevada 200 ride that is mostly a bike industry thing, but I know that anyone can go.

Another is that ride in AZ around Oct. I think it is near Flagstaff in the "Cinders" area. I've seen a lot of video of that one and it looks awesome. Google it.

There are several professional guided type rides in Colorado, Moab, Baja, and Nevada.

Also there is that RMD Spode fest in Idaho every August that Jim Cook goes to. I've been trying to work that one in my schedule for years. Just never works out.

Jim also speaks highly of a ride at something called Land Between the Lakes. Can't remember the exact location or format, but it involved some awesome trail riding. Maybe he could shed some light.

Heard the Corduroy up in Canada is a great ride. I would like to do that.

I basically make Enduros my trail rides. I always try and fit a race in while we are on vacation, just trail ride it. Not dependent on anyone to show you the way bc it's marked. Trail usually the best singletrack available in the area. You can go whatever speed you want. If you bust your ass, they will get you out the woods and to a waiting ambulance. All for just around $50. I'd say that is nice a bargain and take advantage as often as possible.

I'm trying to plan out a Desert race in the next 6 months. Seems like a National Hare and Hound would be fun to ride. Different style.

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F
Old 10-13-2013, 06:36 PM

Just got back from the 2013 Baby Burr AMA National Dual Sport in McArthur Ohio. Wow, what a great ride. 91 miles on Saturday and 107 today (had to ride one section twice). Hog roast on Saturday night. Had 340 riders yesterday!!