Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:47 PM

I had a land owner sic 2 dobermans on me while I was clearly on public land. It was BLM land and I was 20 yards outside the fence with the "Keep Out" and "Beware of Dogs" signs on it.
I wish I had been armed that day. I'm a true, blue dog lover, but I would have stood my ground and killed them both.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Banned

If I rode on public property out west like a lot of you guys do, I would definitely go armed. I pretty much ride on private property near home or just race.
DG.....I disagree with your firearm choice. You need a Glock in .40 S&W! Glocks are incredibly reliable and dust and mud won't keep them from functioning. If we ever meet I will tell you how a Makarov changed KTM's allocation system. Funny story!
Forgiven....some crazy old men were crazy without people tresspassing on their property! They're just crazy!
I got a lot of guns and when David from GG was here two weeks ago I took him shooting. He had a blast! He had me take about a hundred pics and videos of him while shooting. He even took the targets back to Spain with him!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
If I rode on public property out west like a lot of you guys do, I would definitely go armed. I pretty much ride on private property near home or just race.
DG.....I disagree with your firearm choice. You need a Glock in .40 S&W! Glocks are incredibly reliable and dust and mud won't keep them from functioning. If we ever meet I will tell you how a Makarov changed KTM's allocation system. Funny story!
Forgiven....some crazy old men were crazy without people tresspassing on their property! They're just crazy!
I got a lot of guns and when David from GG was here two weeks ago I took him shooting. He had a blast! He had me take about a hundred pics and videos of him while shooting. He even took the targets back to Spain with him!
I definatley want to hear the story.

My Makarov is the lightest gun I own. Plus if it where to ever come off of me I wouldn't be that dissapointed. It only cost me $80 over ten years ago. Even lighter then my wifes 1 1/2 in .357 cylinder gun. I have several, but my favorite is my Springfield XD40. I would hate to lose that out in the desert.

True, riding in the west is way different then riding back east. Where I ride and Steve can vouche for the area, I see more illegals in the desert then I do other riders. This is where we have to ride.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/1...g-superhighway
Old 12-09-2012, 02:04 PM

I am a licensed Florida Criminal Trial Attorney.

I'm not advising you on Arizona law. But in Florida, that would be Aggravated Assault with Deadly Weapon which is a 3rd Degree Felony (5 years Max Prison with other penalities)which carries a firearm enhancement which triggers a min/man sentence of three years prison. In Florida the guy with the AR 15 would have gotten linked up(cuffed and arrested). It really sounds kinda crazy to me that he wasn't arrested.

*Note:
In Florida there are other firearm enhancements that are triggered when a firearm is carried, discharged or a person is shot or killed. These mins/maxs are 10 years, 20 years and life in prison. Also, note Federal Law applies even if no Florida law prohibits the conduct.(Due to space constraints I won't discuss this topic.)

*Disclaimer=You knew it was coming..........
This is a very brief explanation of Florida Law and these cases are very fact intensive and any analysis could change based on the facts of the case.This is just a general discussion. There are also several defenses available. Consult your attorney for a complete analysis of your case and or situation.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 12-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Me

Have considered it as I primarily ride with my Wife and we have run into a scary person more then one time, at least one of them had a gun and let us know, all in public established riding areas. We usually ride in fairly desolate areas and would be nice to have a weapon if we were forced to spend the night out there due to an injury or mechanical.

Now you got me thinking again about it. Hmmmm
2007 Beta Rev 3 270
2007 KTM 200 XC Wife's

Public Lands belong to the Public
Old 12-09-2012, 02:13 PM

I have never had a reason to carry while riding(knock on wood). but if someone pulled a weapon on me while riding I would have to say on my next outing I would be carrying. Now that you brought this up I will have to check the laws for pa.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
I am a licensed Florida Criminal Trial Attorney.

I'm not advising you on Arizona law. But in Florida, that would be Aggravated Assault with Deadly Weapon which is a 3rd Degree Felony (5 years Max Prison with other penalities)which carries a firearm enhancement which triggers a min/man sentence of three tears prison. In Florida the guy with the AR 15 would have gotten linked up(cuffed and arrested). It really sounds kinda crazy to me that he wasn't arrested.

*Note:
In Florida there are other firearm enhancements that are triggered when a firearm is carried, discharged or a person is shot or killed. These mins/maxs are 10 years, 20 years and life in prison. Also, note Federal Law applies even if no Florida law prohibits the conduct.(Due to space constraints I won't discuss this topic.)

*Disclaimer=You knew it was coming..........
This is a very brief explanation of Florida Law and these cases are very fact intensive and any analysis could change based on the facts of the case.This is just a general discussion. There are also several defenses available. Consult your attorney for a complete analysis of your case and or situation.
The sheriff is building a case, I have been asked to come and testify.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:23 PM

Not sure how packing heat will help you if someone already has a loaded gun pointed at your face. IMO, it seems to me it will only aggravate an already dangerous situation. In fact if you were riding along and confronted at gunpoint & that person saw your weapon, they may either force you to disarm, or panic and do something even stupider.....
To take care of the doberman situation, or some wild animals, I could understand.

Granted, I'm from Canada & we don't usually see that kind of stuff up here & it's very, very difficult to obtain a permit to carry handguns- for any reason except law enforcement/military.

Just my thoughts...
Old 12-09-2012, 02:25 PM

Glad to hear that the Sheriff is moving forward before someone gets hurt.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 12-09-2012, 02:39 PM

I don't need a gun. I'm a loaded weapon

When it hurts you know you're allive!

Gas Gas EC 300 Factory Racing 2012
- Ohlins TTX both front and rear
- Rekluse Core EXP 2.0 + Rekluse clutch basket
- Scalvini full exhaust system
- S3 Head
- Trusty adjustable PV cover

That was ultimate setup for me...
Now trying something else for a while...