Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Site Sponsor

Different bikes are made for different people. I think you may have bought the wrong bike.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:03 AM

This is 'Murica! My gasgas gets "40 rods to the hogshead and that is the way I likes it (Grampa Simpson Quote)". The last thing we need is a shop manual filled with a base ten system of measurement to throw off our magic. Shoot, I still don't measure my oil. Just put a squirt in and sloosh it around a bit. Yee haw! Internet POWER! (for those of you not from the states "Yee Haw" is a phrase that can be shouted out at any time regardless of the content of the conversation, please google it). (for those of you not familiar with sarcasm please google that). I just wish my SAE wrench set would stop rounding off the corners of my bolts. LONG LIVE THE FOOT-POUND!
Old 08-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_j View Post
I just wish my SAE wrench set would stop rounding off the corners of my bolts. LONG LIVE THE FOOT-POUND!
Bwahahahaha...you just made my Thursday morning papa_j. Who's that Newton dude anyway

There are many ways to go about getting what you want, but my guess is this isn't a strategy to ensure success. While I'd like a service manual, I believe there are better avenues to pursue - like reaching out to some of the folks with experience on this site.

Yes yes, we did the whole revolution thing in the 1700's; things have changed a bit since then
Old 08-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

If you want a workshop manual in English i suggest you buy/download one in Spanish and have it translated.
Asking a small factory in Spain to produce an English version is futile, they are struggling to stay afloat in Spain's recession I'm sure an English workshop manual is right at the bottom of their list of priorities, or you could buy a JAPANESE bike and have your English manual....
Old 08-14-2014, 01:14 PM

He he, this fun. I like messing arround, and don't mind taking things appart, but some times a manual does come i handy. Finding parts that fit seems to be part of the fun having a gasser
Old 08-14-2014, 02:23 PM

Now that's what I am talking about. Complacent and sarcasm, that's all I see.
Its no wonder we can never get organized and accomplish anything. This Is our chance to make our voices heard and be taken serious.

You know I did put a post for help (Hard to start) I am trying to get voltage and ohm readings for my ignition system. As of today still no answers just the same sarcasm and racial slurs.

I know a shop manual would be a benefit to all the members who work on their bikes and to GASGAS. They would improve there sales by giving better support to there loyal customers.

Now can we just post some positive comments and let GASGAS know what we need. Be part of the solution JOIN US...
Old 08-14-2014, 03:05 PM

Advised by the man himself, Jakobi. Yet you persist. Alas.
OPEN THE SARCASM GATES!
Old 08-14-2014, 03:14 PM

Who is 'us'?

And still hung up on a perceived racial slur... you asked for advice and people who have owned these bikes for a lot longer than you give advice on what they think is the problem with your bike, this is a forum, if your not getting the information that you desire why don't you enter into a dialogue with GasGas and address "your" problem direct to the factory?
Old 08-14-2014, 05:05 PM

You know just as well as I, that they won't listen to one person but as a large group they would. Now what is the real reason your against a shop manual? Look at all the energy and time your wasting just to be against a good cause.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:22 PM

I like most on here when they have a problem will either consult an online version of the manual and try to work it out from that or will ask the community, it may take a few days but there is always someone who has the necessary info.

I don't have a problem with nor am I against the idea of an English manual, I am however very familiar with Spain, both with family living over there and having a Spanish wife.. And I think when pigs fly is when we will get an English manual..

And if I'm honest I don't like trolls

Feel free to flame away..