Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 09-07-2011, 09:32 AM

Great!
I have also tried to get information about this fork but without success.

But how do I adjust the PFP? Do I need a special tool or can I do it by hand on the adjuster?

Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 AM

i got the 48's zooks on my EC 300 R 2011, also have about 3-4 hours on them and they are stiff still, been told by some guys that also rode 300's in finland that it can take up to 1000km till they break and soften up.

so far its stiff but not hitting the hands on sharp objects, it handles very well and doesn't transfer a harsh hit to the rider hands.

i had a set of YZ450 forks on my previous bike (WR450F) they have been revalved by Factory Connection for enduro my weight etc, and i must say the zooks feel as good, just a bit stiffer, and i am sure they will get plusher with time.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:41 AM

From Marzocchi's webpage about the Shiver 48 USD fork:

48 mm Stanchion tube
Stanchion tube with DLC coating
Sealed cartridge
Rebound an compression external adjuster
PFP System external adjuster
-INNOVATION
Progressive Floating Piston
Spring preload internal adjuster
Weight: 8,9 kg
(with steel spring)

Where is the external PFP system adjuster?

They say this is an INNOVATION, but why cant you get information about it, how it works, how to adjust it, where to adjust etc.
Pretty strange...
Anyone who knows?
Old 11-03-2011, 03:45 PM

Is there anyone who has a manual for the new 48 mm Marzocchi fork, for a GasGas Racing 2011? I need to read about the fork so I can do correct service and settings. Is there someone that got the manual on a pdf. file or similar document and could send it to me, it would be very appriciated.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:21 AM

During the WEC at Portugal I had the chance to talk to one of the Marzocchi Factory Support technicians and he explained me that the PFP system allows you to change the suspension behavior according to the nature of your track. If you want to hit the MX track you turn it clockwise, if your doing something softer turn it counterclockwise. It will change the way compression reacts.
He also told me that the reason for not having a complete manual for these forks is due to legal issues. Apparently the manual was done but Marzocchi's Legal department still needs to review and approve it to make sure everything is in order. This was in April...

I have like 20 hours on a 11' 300 Race and I couldn't be happier with these Zokes, they will filter everything ! For my weight I need stiffer springs but even so they always manage to put a smile on my face. I'm even afraid to touch any of the settings as I might lose the fine balance they have now
Old 11-04-2011, 04:25 AM

P.S. - he also told me that Beta and TM were really pissed for not having access to this fork ...Beta ditched Marzocchi and now runs the new Sachs with Twin Flux system
Old 11-04-2011, 09:15 AM

From what I hear, its a lot like a KYB inside, but with an external adjustable preload on the chamber spring (PFP). Innovative? I guess we will see how usefull it actually is. There is also not a huge amount of these in production, its not a generic fork like the 45mm Shiver. More exclusive to GG at least at this time.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Site Sponsor

That would make sense to have adjustability on the ics piston spring...this is would great a different setup from trail to track.
Ride with confidence again!

Made in the USA
Old 11-04-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
During the WEC at Portugal I had the chance to talk to one of the Marzocchi Factory Support technicians and he explained me that the PFP system allows you to change the suspension behavior according to the nature of your track. If you want to hit the MX track you turn it clockwise, if your doing something softer turn it counterclockwise. It will change the way compression reacts.
He also told me that the reason for not having a complete manual for these forks is due to legal issues. Apparently the manual was done but Marzocchi's Legal department still needs to review and approve it to make sure everything is in order. This was in April...

I have like 20 hours on a 11' 300 Race and I couldn't be happier with these Zokes, they will filter everything ! For my weight I need stiffer springs but even so they always manage to put a smile on my face. I'm even afraid to touch any of the settings as I might lose the fine balance they have now

If I have understood this right there is a 0.42 spring installed in the front fork in original.
What is the ideal body weight for this spring?
Which spring is best for me if my weight is 80 kgs?

What settings are you using on the fork, have you changed the settings much from the original?
Can someone describe exactly how to do the settings on the fork?

How do I adjust the PFP?
Do I need a special tool or can I do it by hand on the adjuster?
Can someone tell me where on the bike I can find the adjuster?
Old 11-04-2011, 07:48 PM

Take a look at some videos, might help to clear some doubts:

http://tenneco.tv/marzocchi/how-its-...-off-road.html