Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crem55 View Post
I had my 2000 gg 200 crap out on me in line for tech then after the gas stop and it was as simple as the new vent I put on my gas cap vent hose that was faulty
I'll 2nd that one, but my vent was stock and had gunk in it.
Free fixes are the ones to try 1st.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:13 AM

I'd put $$ on the gas cap, it has happened to me on my '07 and cost me a good finnish at an enduro. This has also happened to Fred Hoess a couple years back, talking to his mechanic at an enduro. The plug has nothing to do with it, just the time it takes to vent, then it starts again. Remove the rubber cap gasket and enlarge the pin holes or just cut the rubber away from the center. Next enlarge the holes in the plastic cap that retains the ball bearing valve. Clean, verify operation, and reassemble. I have also had the rubber gasket swell and deform from something in the fuel, so check this as well. Also, you don't need an external one-way vent valve, it just adds restriction and potential problems.

If that doesn't fix it, check the HV coil wire for solid connection at the cap and coil, then look at a faulty coil, stator, or CDI. The freeze spray technique is good for isolating a thermal problem.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:13 AM

Hi there I had exactly the same problem with my 2001 EC300. In the end I got this sorted out after having 20 or more brand new sparkplugs that didnt work in the GasGas. The strange thing is that once the plug dies in the GasGas, I put it into my sons KX65 and first Kick it starts. Here is what I did and it worked.

1) Replaced the needle -middle setting (Dont have needle number but can get it if needed.The needle was from KTM on recomendation from our national sponsored GasGas rider)
2) Set float level
2) Changed jet size ,I am at sea level so the jeting is 175 main 38 pilot
3) Rewound stator coil ( but I think this was not necessary)

I have purchased a 2007 EC300 and its done the same thing twice and the only thing diffrent is that I am running a 42 pilot jet not 38. Its not as bad as the 2001 which happend every ride, and the 2001 GasGas has never done it again> I hope this helps
Old 01-17-2009, 07:33 PM

Andy,

Last weekend we had a club race and about half way thru the race my bike would not restart. I changed the plug whick looked perfect and it was still not fixed. When we got back to the camp/pit area I started looking at my fuel line & filter. There was a piece of trash stuck in the line right after the petcock. When I would rev the engine the trash would move and starve the fuel filter. I took the fule line off and put on a brand new line (I keep some in my fanny pack) and the problem was fixed. This was a first for me!

Maybe tank your tank off and flush the petcock and clean the carb really well. I will be doing this as soon as I can use my hands again.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:59 PM

A rule of thumb: On any new bike, flush and dump the tank (from the filler neck) a few times before riding it. You will be surprised at the amount of plastic shards left from the mfg. process.