Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:43 AM

sorry to bring this up on my 1st post. i own a 07 ec 250 and im about to do the repair, im stuck on the 30mm clutch basket nut. manuel say's turn to the left im guessing it is a normal thread but it wont budge at all. will bring home a air gun from work and try it but want to make sure its a normal left spin to undo the nut!

thanks!!!

sam

Old 06-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Not sure mate but I reckon it is a LH thread as we had the same problem when I pulled mine apart.
Cheers Mark
Old 06-15-2010, 03:53 AM

Its normal thread in my 2007 300ec ...should be normal also in 250 not left handed
Old 06-15-2010, 06:01 AM

Normal (right hand) thread, crank pinion is reverse (left hand) thread. It will spin off easy with a pneumaic, my 3/8" drive even takes it off.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:00 AM

thanks guys. took my snap-on electric gun home and came off with ease! normal thread. now im just waiting for my parts and gaskets
Old 06-16-2010, 07:24 AM

I had this problem on my '07 250, I think there were some soft parts that sneaked through. New parts fixed it right up, good luck.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:54 AM

are the internal sprockets for the Kickstarter made of the same stuff as their footpegs?? Both of my gassers feels like they lost half the tooth on the sprockets
was it in all cases nessesary to replace #6 or will #1 & #2 do it? I mean maybe #1 or #2 is the weak link here(just hoping as it's inexpensive compared to #6), was #6 also worn out on the ratchet gear on yours?

Faster, Faster!!
Until the Thrill of Speed, Overcomes the Fear of Death..
Team YamaGas Racing.
http://bricksite.com/teamyamagasracing
Old 03-14-2012, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mine feels a bit like this too. Like the 1st quarter of the stroke is wasted before you find resistance to kick through. Not sure its thats just the way they are but it feels like there's more stroke to be had. Its not bad enough to warrant digging yet.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:04 AM

Mine started out like that too, now I have a point on it where it's not engaging at all, but if I push the bike a little in gear I can find a point to make it engage, but it's really hard pushing the bike around when stalled in mud just in front of a big log, like it happend to me In a race last sunday

My EC is not that bad yet, and it have about 450hours on it,so it must have been kicked over alot of times, But my MC is my big problem and it only have 47hours on the clock, think maybe GMP is right about some soft parts that sneaked through, but then it happend In '05, '06 & '07.....

Faster, Faster!!
Until the Thrill of Speed, Overcomes the Fear of Death..
Team YamaGas Racing.
http://bricksite.com/teamyamagasracing
Old 03-14-2012, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikSchmidt View Post
Mine started out like that too, now I have a point on it where it's not engaging at all, but if I push the bike a little in gear I can find a point to make it engage, but it's really hard pushing the bike around when stalled in mud just in front of a big log, like it happend to me In a race last sunday

My EC is not that bad yet, and it have about 450hours on it,so it must have been kicked over alot of times, But my MC is my big problem and it only have 47hours on the clock, think maybe GMP is right about some soft parts that sneaked through, but then it happend In '05, '06 & '07.....
Mm perhaps.

The kick starter has been the weak point in my bike. I had the teeth sheer off the actual shaft which were replaced under warranty. After this it came back with incorrect tension on the return spring and would come 90% back to the top and then need to be manually pushed the rest before going to original position. The shop never reported any wear to any of the internal teeth which I asked them to check when they did the last work. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse on mine. I just make sure to take it to tdc and feel resistance before kicking it in the guts. It always appears to engage at the same point for me. It just doesn't feel like its as high in its stroke as it could be.

I just checked mine and I think I've been running the kicker starter on the spline one set of teeth back. Moved it forwards so its more even with the head. Still same same always grabs at the right point, that point is just a bit higher in the stroke now. Seems normal for me.

Last edited by Jakobi; 03-14-2012 at 03:54 AM.