Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:11 PM

Thing is it was a good starter before I took the carb apart and changed the clip position , would it make this hard to start just by changing one notch on the needle ?

Old 02-13-2015, 05:35 PM

Stock jetting. Take that n1ef needle and throw it in the trash can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2015, 08:28 AM

Ok , had to tow the bike with the van today and once it started it ran ok but not a stable at the bottom and won't tick over no matter how much I screw the idle in , so I will be putting the clip back on the top , don't know how every one else can shuffle the clip about without problems , everyone's saying ditch that standard needle , I need to know what one to get and what I will have to do to make it work and what are the benefits , cheers
Old 02-14-2015, 11:32 AM

I use the NEDW needle. It is a needle from a Suzuki 2006 rm250. Leave the rest of the jets stock for starters and see what you get

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2015, 11:35 AM

Default Spooge

Read through this topic. I ended up at 175 main 40p NEDW on 3rd clip and it runs well
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18849

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2015, 01:59 PM

Ok , hare and hounds today bike was going ok , still feel like the powers down a bit , the powerband and top end just don't seem as fast I expected , I found myself havin to change down a couple of times on the long up hills , need some reference to how fast these 300 are compared to other bikes , as I don't know if that's the bikes power or if I need to rebuild/ rejet or some thing , any help apretiated before I start spending
Old 02-15-2015, 06:31 PM

you should be able to keep up with a fuel injected enduro 450 if its setup right
Old 02-17-2015, 12:47 AM

I agree with wa_ndro....my EC300 is faster than my FSE 450....does not mean I can ride it much faster but in a drag race it wins. The 450 is easier to ride even though MUCH heavier, go figure!

As to how fast the 300 is compared to other bikes....., well, at my house I have a DR 350, a Husky 510 4 stroke, a 500 Husky 2 stroke, a 390 Husky 2 stroke and a FSE 450 GG.........Let's just say that none of those bikes will take my Ting Ting on a dirt road or trail. Maybe in a drag race on dry pavement....maybe. On the dirt roads or trails, Ting Ting puts them all in their place. The FSE is easier to ride but not easier to ride FAST. It's odd.

I hope you get your bike sorted out, it should be "fast" when jetted properly and running properly. Fast by all standards based on my experience, assuming you get traction, which is something the Husky's have a problem with

We've had a lot of bikes, none better, none I loved more (except maybe Bunny) than the GG's

Ed

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Search for the wife's new bike has ended, lowered the 450 and 300....she's got a choice now! We're good!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:31 PM

Thanks for the reply , think I will do the top end on her then a bit of jetting , ordered a new needle ( n3eg ) and i 180 main , see what happens then , I love the bike on technical enduro bits but the last race was wide open and on some of the climbs and uphill straights I was changing into top the havin to change back down , also I've got a little misfire at the very top end .?
Old 02-17-2015, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upyourkiltbatman View Post
Thanks for the reply , think I will do the top end on her then a bit of jetting , ordered a new needle ( n3eg ) and i 180 main , see what happens then , I love the bike on technical enduro bits but the last race was wide open and on some of the climbs and uphill straights I was changing into top the havin to change back down , also I've got a little misfire at the very top end .?
Before you go chasing the jetting around in circles, take the time to inspect the carb model. If its an AS2 it will have a shallow bowl, and a flat metal cap. If its an AS1 it will have a deep bowl and round threaded cap. Both carbs jet very differently, but both will run well with appropriate settings. 2011 models also had some variation between 36mm bodies and 38mm due to supply issues. These will jet differently, and if they are AS2 carbs the size should be printed on the top of the cap.

Double check your gearing. 13/48 is stock, 13/50 is a bit better for keeping the bike on the boil but will drop a bit of top speed.

Finally, read up on squish clearances and consider checking yours and having the head modified (milled and chamber volume corrected). It makes the bike easier to jet, and more efficient (more power/less fuel consumption).

Take your time setting her up. These bikes come out of the factory with a few things that make you wonder, but once dialled in it'll be a rock solid reliable donk that runs like a champ.