Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:14 PM

Default I too like the ktm bars...

the ones I have used are the oems. Nekken and Ktm are etched into the bar. Usually they are a gunmetal gray color. I am unsure if they are the sx bars as others above mentioned. Can anyone clarify??

Old 02-08-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djroggen View Post
I would love a set of flexx bars, but cost is one of those factors... Has anyone had any experience with the Woods Bend Contour Pro Tapers?
i got protaper woodslow on my gasser there more narrow and fill great on my 04 gasser
Old 02-09-2012, 08:21 AM

I posted up about the EXP bars being on sale. Anyone have these or know what adapters fit our steeds?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:07 AM

I like Renthal Twinwall 999 bend

When it hurts you know you're allive!

Gas Gas EC 300 Factory Racing 2012
- Ohlins TTX both front and rear
- Rekluse Core EXP 2.0 + Rekluse clutch basket
- Scalvini full exhaust system
- S3 Head
- Trusty adjustable PV cover

That was ultimate setup for me...
Now trying something else for a while...
Old 02-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Worst thing to do is rotate bars forward of the fork tube plane, ( even a little) if you do this you increase harshness (outside the actuation plane), reduce the moment arm making the steering heavier ( just like adding offset) and bring the angle of the grip passed the angle for straight arm strength in the wrist whilst standing and almost cocked wrists whilst seated. You also add height like bar risers. All round bad. If you are seated a lot intentionally, try more sweep lower rise, if you ride in the standing attack position ( or want to make yourself) less sweep more rise. Mx guys use the seated position for acceleration out of corners and into jump faces, managing their body position with upper body strength, hence the low rise larger sweep bars. Offload need the strength at low speed, technical sections and downhill, (standing) hence the higher rise lower sweep.

Current. 2015 ec300r estart, 98 RM 125

2013 Ec300r 2011 Ec300e 2009 Husky TE310
1982 XR500 Honda 1981 KE100 Kawasaki
1978 GT80 Yamaha
Old 06-03-2013, 04:44 AM

So I removed my cross bar on my stock twin walls. What an improvement. My arms are thanking me for it, I can tell you that. Can't wait for my flex bars now.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:36 PM

All ergonomic issues need to be figured out by the rider. Don't be afraid to try new things. Anyone remember how Scott Summers set up his bikes? Stock bend Honda bars, which were really weird, and he rode with his elbows turned in, kind of half sitting/half standing, butt over the rear fender. Looked crazy as heck! But 7 National titles ain't crazy.

I grew up riding old bikes which usually had a lot of pullback and were tall, so I tried to find bars that felt like those which made me comfortable. I even used ATV bars on occasion. I am tall with long arms and sit most of the time, so keep that in mind.

Then one magical day, I rode a friends bike ALL DAY with Honda CR High Bend bars. I think they were old 7/8ths Renthals. Not extremely tall, but a bit higher than most bars. With a whole day riding I got used to modern feeling bars and now I don't like bars with a lot of pullback/sweep, or extremely high bars. Slightly higher is ok, and fairly straight bend. I also had to get used to really thick soft grips. I now only buy Pro Grip Rally grips which are thick and soft. I hated the squishy feel at first, but due to an injury had to use them. They really help carpal tunnel and arthritis. Now anything else feels funky.

I also used to hate steering stabilizers. I could never seem to get used to them. Finally a buddy talked me into using one for several rides, and now I like em. Don't think every bike needs one, but they probably have some benefit on any bike in certain situations.

My point is, what you think you need isn't always what you need. I never used to try new setups on bikes. Now I probably experiment too much, but it helps me find ways around injuries and getting older. Besides, when you get old and slow messing with the bike's setup kind of becomes interesting. I probably should have done it sooner. You just gotta do what works for you.