Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:49 AM

Yes it let's it lug a little more, and gave it more bottom end grunt and the transition to when it gets on the pipe is smoother.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Thats great.

http://philipstewart.zenfolio.com
Old 04-25-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlineman View Post
I have an 11 EC300 with a CCK needle, #3 clip pos, A/S 1 1/2 turns out, 38PJ and a 175 main. My bike rips, runs crisp, clean, has discoloured the pipe a bit, (has turned it a little yellow), but plug checks show almost a little rich. My buddies identical bike, same year, model, everything. Will not run very good at all with this jetting. Both bikes have 38mm ASII carbs, the only difference is I got rid of my handlebar choke and put a YZ250 one in. Any ideas? Are these things that different in jetting that they are going to need this specific of jetting?
iam the buddy

just checked the jetting again. 38 mm carb 2011 ec 300
178 main,40 pilot, a/s 1.5 turns cck needle #3 pos.
runs like its overfueled almost.
plug looks ok to slightly rich
my pike has the factory handle bar choke and ........PWK carb
Old 04-27-2011, 11:45 AM

Which slide?? Was it notched? When i tried cck 42 178 My bike was way lean!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:42 PM

Stock #7 slide. We ride around 3000ft ASL though. I'd definitely richen it up if going down to sea level. My jetting has turned my pipe a little bit "golden" at the cylinder head. Lucas' bike is definitely not lean as it is very blubbery in transitioning from 1/4 up.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

I found out on my bike that running the map switch in the "rain" mode will make it blubber.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:51 PM

one thing i'm really starting to notice-is one man's "jewel" in jetting is completely wrong for the next fella. case in point- i rode tlinemans bike yesterday on a short 5 minute loop and he followed on mine. his bike pulls and rips like a kx500,compared to mine being much slower to rev and mine hits the pipe much later in the rpm range. i personally prefer the way i've got mine setup ( all thought it's still a touch rich) as i find it suites my riding style much better than the point and shoot quick revving and hard hitting setup he has. he's a young hot masters level rider as i've been told, and i'm a 50's b level rider. i think there's a correlation here. so just a suggestion, maybe we should qualify or jetting spec's and preferences with a little "rider bio" when we post them. this may help folks to sort out what they are looking for as far as jetting.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
I found out on my bike that running the map switch in the "rain" mode will make it blubber.
Mine does the same thing. Only when initially spooling up the thottle. Not a bog type blubber, but more of a skipping/rev limiter type feel. No jetting changes corrected it. I tried the stock settings and settled on a JD jet kit for a YZ250.

In Sun mode it flat out rips.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:24 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSREID View Post
one thing i'm really starting to notice-is one man's "jewel" in jetting is completely wrong for the next fella. case in point- i rode tlinemans bike yesterday on a short 5 minute loop and he followed on mine. his bike pulls and rips like a kx500,compared to mine being much slower to rev and mine hits the pipe much later in the rpm range. i personally prefer the way i've got mine setup ( all thought it's still a touch rich) as i find it suites my riding style much better than the point and shoot quick revving and hard hitting setup he has. he's a young hot masters level rider as i've been told, and i'm a 50's b level rider. i think there's a correlation here. so just a suggestion, maybe we should qualify or jetting spec's and preferences with a little "rider bio" when we post them. this may help folks to sort out what they are looking for as far as jetting.
Well said Cactusreid and a valid point. I'm having trouble making much of a splash in Masters though with guys like Prochnau laying waste to the rest of us.... Thanks again for the opportunity to exchange bikes. I do like your bar setup and will be looking to mimic what you've done there. Cheers
Old 05-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperrider1 View Post
Mine does the same thing. Only when initially spooling up the thottle. Not a bog type blubber, but more of a skipping/rev limiter type feel. No jetting changes corrected it. I tried the stock settings and settled on a JD jet kit for a YZ250.

In Sun mode it flat out rips.
Here's me blubbering up this hill climb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJDyn6Hi2qU