Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
I have the same bike, same tank on my 12'. And yes it fits tight, but I wouldn't call it a "deal breaker" considering how great the rest of the bike is.
Ride a few muddy Ohio enduros and tell me then that it wouldn't bother you. Out west, it's not as big a deal. You guys can ride two or three rides and not have the bike dirty enough to need washed.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:34 AM

I don't know about you guys but that 1L seems really insignificant. I finish a 2 hr race, no pit stop, and have more than enough left. Even in the real fast/sandy events. I can see the concern trail riding for long distances or desert racing but even there is 1L more enough to complain about? Its either a reasonable size tank for racing or one of those huge bulbous things just to get you home.

That said, perhaps if the new '13 tanks prove to have zero swelling issues due to better material selection, this can be applied to the '12 tank mold in the future. The tank was molded as a quality part and fit fine when new. Just a thought.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpelaston View Post
Ride a few muddy Ohio enduros and tell me then that it wouldn't bother you. Out west, it's not as big a deal. You guys can ride two or three rides and not have the bike dirty enough to need washed.
Meanwhile in the west. Racing on the dry side of Washington even

Anyhow I welcome the added fuel if it dosn't cause handling or fitment problems. Our Harscrambles out here are 2.5 hour plus a lap............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................................

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:49 PM

Sorry I painted "out west" with such a broad brush. I meant AZ and So. Cal. I know Idaho and Washington and Oregon and such are gnarly too.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry I painted "out west" with such a broad brush. I meant AZ and So. Cal. I know Idaho and Washington and Oregon and such are gnarly too.
Yes, it certainly sucks having perfect riding conditions 12 months outta the year!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
Yes, it certainly sucks having perfect riding conditions 12 months outta the year!
My wife and I went to Sedona and Flagstaff for our honeymoon. I loved it out there. I'm not sure about the dirt biking but the mountain biking was awesome.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
My wife and I went to Sedona and Flagstaff for our honeymoon. I loved it out there. I'm not sure about the dirt biking but the mountain biking was awesome.
Zero ridng in Sedona, Flagstaff has a few trails still open. A new trail system in Flagstaff was just approved this year. We might see 75 miles of new single track up there in development soon.