Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:58 AM

The one in the picture is over the bar. I had the first under the bar setup put on my bike. I am pretty sure that is what Kelly is offering now. I will comfirm with him tomorrow. It is a great setuo and works well.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:13 AM

http://motosportz.smugmug.com/galler...15796875_sqT8v

Here is a link to pictures of under mount.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:10 PM

Thanks for posting that Ken, I don't get over here a lot. Yes, we make an under the bar damper for the GasGas. These pix show the logo upside down (that's an over the bar damper used flipped around) but other wise correct. Email me if you are interested in one.

Can be mounted in ether position.

Motosportz@gmail.com

thanks.
Kelly

Old 05-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Wow, that is really sweet looking. Talk about adjust on the fly! Question though. Does it damp back toward center, and is there an ajustment to vary the degrees from center that it damps????????? The fact that the WER does not damp back to center makes it well suited to enduro riding. The Scotts is adjustable in so many ways that you can make it do whatever you want.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 05-03-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
Question though. Does it damp back toward center, and is there an ajustment to vary the degrees from center that it damps????????? The fact that the WER does not damp back to center makes it well suited to enduro riding.
From Motosportz website;

- Non free to center. There are two philosophies to steering dampers. Free to center and not free to center. Some dampers only damp while going away from center, coming back they have little or no damping. Some dampers have the same amount of damping in both directions. There are pluses and minuses to both designs but we feel the damping in both directions design, if implemented right is the best, here is why. If you are in and corner and you hit something on the inside like a root or rock there is no damping force helping to keep you on track and your bars are free to whip back towards center. Also if you are in a rock garden and deflections are occurring from both sides, especially turning in a corner in a rock garden you are again left with no deflection protection from the outside to the center. Additionally when charging through a fast sandy whoop section and you start to swap a free to center designed damper is only going to control half that oscillation. A non free to center damper is in our opinion much better at high speed oscillation damping.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

While I respect the above philosophy, my experience leads me to prefer the damper which does not damp towards center. I ride plenty of rock gardens and sand whoops, and the only thing I experience with a damper that works both ways is a lethargic, heavy feeling bike. I want my bike to have a free sensation, while also taming the terrain.

It's a personal preference thing, just like I prefer a two stroke over a four stroke, obviously there's room in the market for both philosophies.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 05-04-2009, 04:45 AM

Default Under Bar steering damper

Hi Guys
I had a KTM 200 and it really needed a Steering Damper, when I bought my 2007 250 ec I thought I might as well put it on, of course the KTM brackets didnt fit so I made my own under bar brackets, works great, looks neat

Refer to link, if I new how to dump photos heer I would do so.

http://picasaweb.google.com/hoff49/Bikes#
Old 05-04-2009, 05:00 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Nice work. Looks great.

blitz
Old 05-04-2009, 07:57 AM

Noel,

Very nice work! I saw that in your gallery as well. I like the tower especially.

My tower is due back from the welder today, I'll post a pic when done.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
While I respect the above philosophy, my experience leads me to prefer the damper which does not damp towards center. I ride plenty of rock gardens and sand whoops, and the only thing I experience with a damper that works both ways is a lethargic, heavy feeling bike. I want my bike to have a free sensation, while also taming the terrain.

It's a personal preference thing, just like I prefer a two stroke over a four stroke, obviously there's room in the market for both philosophies.
Completely understood and we did not like damping to center ether until we designed ours. Ours does not have the stuck in molasses feeling of a GPR. Ours gives excellent rider feel. We ride tight woods here in the NW and designed it with this in mind. There are quite a few internal design tricks we do that greatly differentiate ours for others on the market and make it feel pretty much transparent while doing the job. Might be good to do a search on KTMtalk.com as there are a lot of unsolicited customer reviews of our damper there.

thanks.