Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-23-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser View Post
We need to be careful about "blanket statements" because they can mislead people we do not wish to mislead. There is simply no way that a Magura mc can be "way" better than a "good" AJP mc. Only way it could be noticeably better is if it pulled the clutch lever for you. It could very well be that AJP had a bad production run as another member here suggested and may still be having problems but for years they made excellent clutch master cylinders. I just don't want new members here to worry about their clutch mc if they have an older bike.
I think we should be careful about being "apologists" for a brand that may be putting out a substandard product regardless the litany of excuses being rolled out. How is it a blanket statement for someone to say the Magura is better than the AJP? If the Magura allows him to ride the bike how is that not better for him? I'm glad he posted what works rather than just bailing to another brand. My 2013 has been good but these tips might be useful in the future given the current state of the company.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:11 AM

OK. As to not offend anyone, I owned an 11 EC250 with an AJP that failed and I replaced it with a Magura after riding my friends Nambotin that came with the Magura. FOR ME, the Magura had better feel and modulation over the AJP. I also like the fact that Parts Unlimited or a KTM dealer can sell me a lever that fits the Magura if I am in a pinch.

I can tell you from experience as a former GG dealer, that the AJPs are prone to premature failure in the 2011-2012 era. AJP may have gotten a handle on their QC since then?