Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:27 PM

I always try to search out the most economical way of shipping given the customer's timing constraints, and will often price FedEx, UPS, and the USPS to make sure I get it right.

That being said, I drive a pick-up that gets about 16 mpg. With gas at $3.50, it costs $10 in fuel alone for a 100 mile round trip - that doesn't count time, other vehicle operating costs, nothing else.

Comparing apples to apples I get wanting to spend $3 shipping instead of $12, but there's no way I could pick up my parts for anywhere near what I get them delivered for.

It's been said that nothing's free, but then again I've hand delivered parts 1700 miles away in exchange for a day's worth of riding

Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters

Old 02-10-2012, 08:33 AM

I get so tired of getting beat up on my eBay feedback because of shipping costs. They (buyers) don't have a clue what it costs to ship stuff, especially when we're talking about "dimensional weight". That's when a large box costs a ton to send even if it's feather-weight.

Mark, I also used Stamps.com for a number of years. Now I use a much better system, Endicia.com. Their customer service is the best!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I always try to search out the most economical way of shipping given the customer's timing constraints, and will often price FedEx, UPS, and the USPS to make sure I get it right.

That being said, I drive a pick-up that gets about 16 mpg. With gas at $3.50, it costs $10 in fuel alone for a 100 mile round trip - that doesn't count time, other vehicle operating costs, nothing else.

Comparing apples to apples I get wanting to spend $3 shipping instead of $12, but there's no way I could pick up my parts for anywhere near what I get them delivered for.

It's been said that nothing's free, but then again I've hand delivered parts 1700 miles away in exchange for a day's worth of riding
I can vouch for that! It's like being sponsored....almost.

The gasket set....hand delivered to the race at Big Sandy.
The seat foam....cost of one mexican dinner.
The shrouds with graphics....one day of rocks.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post

I echo this statement! I look at it as a convenience charge and money I would spend either way, and purchasing it from the phone to having it dropped at my door step is well worth a little extra $ to me.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!