Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:26 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
Darrling, everyone is past perfect restorations, we are all about 'Patina' now. And you'll only get that by dragging your bike backwards down a scrub bank & cartwheeling it into a river bed.

your mission, should . . . . etc.
I like the way you think, young man!

Custom billet bits

Old 07-21-2015, 10:47 AM

Somebody needs to buy the tooling from the pre-2012 chassis, and use a little bit of good old American pride in workmanship and quality to produce a Made-In-The-USA dirt bike.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:51 AM

Thanks Bill, good info. And I hope it all works out so you can continue to be a top GG dealer!
Old 07-21-2015, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP4 View Post
SA is a corporate identifier in parts of Europe, similar to Inc. or Ltd. in North America.

Should be interesting to see where things go from here. I guess the brand surviving is dependant on the purchaser. As others have speculated, if Sherco has the cash, and needs the production capacity, I could see them purchasing the factory and killing the brand. That would accomplish two goals in one fell swoop.

I'm not wishing for that, but wonder how many small, boutique brands the enduro market can support?
I don't think Sherco would be that disrespectful?

With the HUGE expense and difficulty it is to create a bike from scratch. Someone will pick up the pieces and make a go at it.

Seems GasGas had moved out of the Boutique label long ago? Now Sherco is still in the boutique phase of life as far as Enduro goes. They would be the next sexiest bike up there with GasGas, but it's a big gap in between them. It would be on my list if GasGas did disappear, but not at that price tag. I'd sooner go with a (dare I say it?) white KTM. Beta, never appealed to me. Not sure why? Maybe it's the new Beta owners/crowd, bagging on anything that isn't a Beta. And most of the GasGas to Beta converts are simply annoying. Doesn't mean I wouldn't give it a fair chance.

And if nothing happens, it's not worth stressing over. Everything happens for a reason.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
And if nothing happens, it's not worth stressing over. Everything happens for a reason.
Yep. I think about all the guys who rode Ossas, Bultacos, Maicos and other smaller manufacturer bikes back prior to the internet. Probably a lot more riding and a lot less hand wringing over situations they had no control over anyway.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:19 PM

Default I wish ...

Frank White / ATK would take advantage of this somehow ... or Highland ? Or Buell/EBR ... Polaris ?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gasgasoffroadriders/
Old 07-21-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnut View Post
Somebody needs to buy the tooling from the pre-2012 chassis, and use a little bit of good old American pride in workmanship and quality to produce a Made-In-The-USA dirt bike.
And put Maico engines in them. Imagine a 700cc 2t gas gas in the Fink
Old 07-21-2015, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

People love to worry.. People love to speculate.. Perhaps a little mystery entices us all?

The same people posting similar things in similar threads. Enjoy the ride you have! When it's time to sell it won't be much worse than it's ever been. When it's time to buy consider the options available. Could it be any simpler?
Old 07-22-2015, 02:02 AM

Default Fantic News

Press release about Fantic in Enduro News:

article here

Does seem to read as saying Fantic plan to sell more rebadged gassers ? If so, that's got to be a positive indicator.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:19 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnut View Post
Hey, don't you have some shop space available?
Custom billet bits