Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:15 AM

the stock ones are butter!

Steve[/QUOTE]

The stock butter is WAY cheaper than a frame...

Moto Farm motor and suspension service 309 310 2540 leave a message
www.halls-cycles.com

Old 03-31-2011, 08:18 AM

Yeah, that was always a thought with the Fastways. Plus, they are just too wide IMO. To save the boot soles you can run shorter screws. Pivot pegs are awesome. Thet are also strong but probably not enough to tear the mount off the frame.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:30 AM

I agree with GMP. I'm not sure I'd get along with something that wide on my enduro. I have a set of F3's on my Husky dual sport and they are absolutely great for that.

I'm kinda leaning towards the Moose hybrids. They have a 1/2" offset option and don't look to have the super sharp teeth the Pro versions do. They have a slight convex platform that sounds like a plus, but I have no experience with anything but flat pegs.

I'd also consider the Pivot Pegz, but I've heard they are a maintenance item (from a previous user) - keeping them clean, greased, and free to move. I do lots of mud, so not sure how much attention they would need. Maybe someone can comment on that.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom View Post
I agree with GMP. I'm not sure I'd get along with something that wide on my enduro. I have a set of F3's on my Husky dual sport and they are absolutely great for that.

I'm kinda leaning towards the Moose hybrids. They have a 1/2" offset option and don't look to have the super sharp teeth the Pro versions do. They have a slight convex platform that sounds like a plus, but I have no experience with anything but flat pegs.

I'd also consider the Pivot Pegz, but I've heard they are a maintenance item (from a previous user) - keeping them clean, greased, and free to move. I do lots of mud, so not sure how much attention they would need. Maybe someone can comment on that.
I have Moose pegs that are a little lower and wider than stock. They are plenty stout and not too sharp so they wont tear up boots. the rear corner of the right peg has to be ground down some to let it fold up as it hits the pivot bolt on the brake pedal.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankydoug View Post
I have Moose pegs that are a little lower and wider than stock. They are plenty stout and not too sharp so they wont tear up boots. the rear corner of the right peg has to be ground down some to let it fold up as it hits the pivot bolt on the brake pedal.
Good to know. I assume these are GasGas pegs they list in their application chart (same number as the YZs). Do you notice the convex shape at all or is that just gimmicky?
Old 03-31-2011, 09:56 AM

Pivot pegs are no big deal. I'm not that far from you and our terrain is the same. The biggest problem I saw is the tiny o-rings getting damaged on assembly and letting crud in the pivot. I pulled mine apart, measured everything, and bought a bag of orings in a few sizes. I went to a thicker oring on one side to help this, but if your carefull its no big deal. I pull them apart, wipe clean, regrease, new o-rings every few rides like I do with the brake pedal and kickstart pivots. Mine are on original bushings after almost two seasons.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:11 AM

That sounds like less of a deal than what I heard. I'd like to try the Pivots out, but nobody I know uses them. They are pretty pricey to buy and end up not liking them, but a lot of people seem to love them. Gotta hit somebody up at the next event to test them out.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:29 AM

To me they are like a steering damper. I bought mine used (great shape) to try and see if it was a gimmick. Turned out I love them and now have to have them on any bike from now on. Hard to describe, just makes standing control eaiser for me, and no shifter/brake issues even with bulky boots.

Maintanence can be done with the main part (post) still on the bike. A 17mm nyloc nut holds the peg part on and comes off easy.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:20 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

the moose hybrids also have the sharp teeth on the outside. trashed my boots on th efirst ride. have since filed them down and they fine.

the convex shape feels a bit different, but seems to work well, i do not see it eating through my boots like the flat pegs
Old 03-31-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom View Post
Good to know. I assume these are GasGas pegs they list in their application chart (same number as the YZs). Do you notice the convex shape at all or is that just gimmicky?
Yes they are a little convex but I would not have noticed if you hadn't asked.

They came in a packed labeled YZ.