Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:32 AM

Is it brutal like the '07 seat? I put an '08 seat on mine. I suspect EE will be making seats for these ASAP.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:35 AM

I Thought KTM had a hard seat until I got a Gas Gas. I hope EE gets making the new seat soon really need the height.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimpy525 View Post
I Thought KTM had a hard seat until I got a Gas Gas. I hope EE gets making the new seat soon really need the height.
Guts and Factory Effex blow the foam for EE seats - you might want to check with them for early requirements.

Not much option to lower the seat as there isn't much foam there in the first place.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 02-27-2012, 09:20 AM

For sure not trying to lower the seat! I'm 6'5, but I dont feel to cramped on the bike to my surprise. Need to figure out what to do for pegs, pivot or fastways? Oh then there is the springs.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimpy525 View Post
For sure not trying to lower the seat! I'm 6'5, but I dont feel to cramped on the bike to my surprise. Need to figure out what to do for pegs, pivot or fastways? Oh then there is the springs.
Fastway pegs can be run in a lower position than stock, so that may help - I can set you up with springs.
Steven Beane #275

afterhourscycle.com
Old 02-27-2012, 11:48 PM

Default (Mostly) Completed Prep

Had another enjoyable night in the shop prepping the 2012 300 Race. That being said, if anybody from Spain is reading these comments you might consider taking notes for a mid-cycle action.

* the Flexx bars and Fastway FIT handguards are mounted and ready for action. We're running a demo program where you can bolt this same set-up onto your bike and try it for a race or trail ride this season

* don't wait until you absolutely need to to remove the subframe to try it for the first time. You will be amazed at how much thread locker is on the tiny screws on the lower attachments and how hard it is to get a wrench on the backside. Better the first time in a well-lit garage on a clean bike ...
* the backside of those little screws is a hex-headed barrel with a slip on serrated ring. I stopped counting when the rings dropped for the 19th time. Look for a replacement for the barrel fastener from us with a taller hex.
* its necessary to unscrew the rear brake master from the frame and remove the silencer when removing or reinstalling the subframe. Lots and lots of threadlocker there as well.
* there is enough wire for the taillight to allow the subframe to sit on the rear tire without having to unplug anything when you remove it to access the shock or carb.
* whatever they use as fuel at the factory is NASTY. I installed a 90 degree VisuFilter about two inches from the petcock, then routed the fuel line ABOVE the intake to make tank removal easier and keep the fuel cooler. I split the section I had removed and used it as an abrasion cover for where the line goes over the top of the manifold rings.

* it bears mentioning again that the carb body mounted choke plunger is included in the build kit. Good stuff.

* the map switch is located on the horizontal section of the left radiator hose instead of the vertical leg. Last year I had jumpers made up to bring the switch up the handlebar because I couldn't reach through the '11 shroud on the fly. This year I simply loosened the switch and slid it around the bend, back onto the vertical leg, to allow easier access to the spark plug. The new tank shape reduced clearance around the plug, and the original switch position crowded it further.

It's done with the exception of wheel prep - just in time for the first run Sunday.
Steven Beane #275

afterhourscycle.com
Old 02-28-2012, 09:31 AM

Good stuff Steve. We'll be prepping Jesse's 2012 soon.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I see we still have to deal with that stupid itty bitty oil fill. Anybody found a good funnel?
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 03-01-2012, 05:58 PM

I use an empty Lucas oil fuel injection cleaner bottle. It has a small tip on it, so I just fill it to the appropriate level with a funnel, and then squeeze it in. It's pretty painless really.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Whats a Selleys no more gaps doin in here?