Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:23 AM

head came off and heres the top view looking down.
If your any good at knowing what the condition of this is let me know!

no pics as was rushed but also taken the cylinder off.
Pv seems to be working, only query is that if I manually push the flapper up then let go it stays up rather than returning to closed position. If I do it using the pv thing on right side (thays the technical name!) Turning that back does bring it back to closed and seems to kove easy etc

Old 02-26-2016, 04:18 AM

cylinder now off,
got the piston off this morning (amazing how easy jobs are that seem quite daunting if you've never done them before!)

no blow by on the back

and the front..

also had this lovely delivery from the postie today!

Its a shame I just want to put it all back together but I know I really should take out and clean the PV while the cylinder is off, again seems a little daunting as according to the pics theres a load of different bearings etc and I don't want to mess it up but I know the best thing is to just work slow take it all apart, clean up and put back in. just wish I had a complete afternoon that I could just have nothing else on and go for it anyone fancy some babysitting?
Old 02-26-2016, 07:26 AM

Well ive done a lot more than I thought I would get chance today! shame I had to stop to wake the little girl up as I could of just kept going!

anyway, got the new piston in.

I then turned my attention to the power valve, and as I had said before it was straight forward and I needn't of worried, no pics im afraid though as my hands were a bit messy by this point! its all out and to be honest seem all quite good, ive got rid of the carbon on all bits and now have it all soaking in 2T oil. probably didn't need doing but glad I did as I know how it all fits together, The exhauset spigot was a bit of a mess so cleaned that up as well,

and that's where I am now, I feel like im now on the home stretch as in putting back together rather than tearing down! hoping Monday will get chance to do some more, the only real jobs for the engine is to get carbon out of the PV areas left and right, put the PV back in cylinder, clean the cylinder properly on outside, hone the inside of cylinder with a bit of carb cleaner and scoth pad I need to get an oring for the spigot (1 had broke) and then put everything back together! exciting times!
Old 02-26-2016, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Good progress.

Replace both O-rings on the spigot. They are a wear part. Make sure you use Viton, and I also add a smear of high temp silicon around them too.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Good progress.

Replace both O-rings on the spigot. They are a wear part. Make sure you use Viton, and I also add a smear of high temp silicon around them too.
thanks as always, your help is appreciated! 2x rings arrived, and already have some suitable silicon for them!

not much to report, the Powervalve is all back in and feels much smoother to operate, ive turned my attention to my carb settings which maybe a little premature as ive haven't got everything back together, Ive done a fair bit of reading and seems the blue needle from JD is the one I need, I also read they are hard to come by in uk, found a red and blue needle on ebay and won the auction last night, they have been 'lightly used' by someone sorting jetting on a ktm. ive probably paid a little more than I needed but if its the one to have im happy. was ?27 for red and blue, I will sell the red to lessen the money, I could of had a new ne3g for less than ?10 but I thought id try the blue.

still waiting for enough time to get on with putting it back together!
Old 03-04-2016, 01:45 PM

URL=http://s46.photobucket.com/user/Imsimon/media/20160301_152415_zpstnpujcgm.jpg.html][/URL]

it ended up a bit cleaner than this but thought I should prove I had cleaned the pv

today ive managed to start making it more like a bike again! Cylinder and head all on bolted up with rads bolted up and spiggot on.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:46 PM

I dont like these pics it looks so dirty!!
Old 03-04-2016, 01:55 PM

and the most exciting bit of today is I went and picked these up!
Now these do look clean!
really pleased with the work, while there I took my slide from carb for advice as I couldnt get the needle out, previous owner had rounded it off and it was stuck solid, he managed to sort it and give me a new nut. Not sure of the needle in it but it was on the top clip ive put the jd blue in that I aquired, next will give the carb a really good clean and look what pilot and main are in. I cant recall I think its pilot 40 and main 180. There was some green liquid in the slide indicating some yucky fuel at some point so will be cleaned well.

looking forward to getting it together to start it and check the pv and ride the damn thing!
Old 03-04-2016, 01:59 PM

Missed this pic looking down on the new slug
Old 03-06-2016, 04:20 PM

a bit more putting back together today! Suspension back in and carb has come out, Its going ro get a good cleaning, ive put the jd blue in on clip 3, slide 7. nearly there! More washing needed as can be seen by the cleaned shock in a still dirty swingarm. I wabt to start it but need a new washer for the water pump drain bolt before i fill her with coolant.

Ive ordered a new back tyre today metzeler 6days.