Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Gawd what a behemoth.GG should put it straight into their museum of tried but failed projects.
Whatever happened to the idea that enduro bikes should be reliable,well made,bearbones basic and good looking to boot?

Old 07-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Personally I am not fussed about kicking my bike and therefore don't really care about the estart, except for the GG market share side of thing and the fact more people will possibly buy them therefore getting the GG name out there.
I am not sure why GG would not support Turn tech,(for the battery) ,or the like as they are a US based product and are very light and reliable.They could halve the weight of the battery or better by doing this...
Cheers Mark
Old 07-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Site Sponsor

Yikes...not the cleanest of designs. Looks like overkill on that starter motor. The motor on the KTM is big enough. The 300 KTM's biggest issue is with the YTX4BS battery. Install a YTX5BS and most issues go away. Two stoke starters present some unique challenges. The reed cage prevents mounting a starter like you would in a 4 stroke and the sealed crankcase means you have to drive off on the flywheel. If they would use a smaller motor I think that design would clean up some.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 PM

thats wrong on soo many levels! i agree with qui-gon, my bike only needs more than one kick the first start of the season.. and as big an ugly as that thing is, id pass on it anyway if i had the money to buy one. its damn near as big as the jug!

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 07-30-2010, 04:32 PM

i think, in all fairness, that it is a good thing. options are always good. i think i would make it so that the dealership carries a few in stock, and somebody buying a new bike has the option of putting it on or not. cuz personally i dont mind kicking, but somebody who has a hard time kicking, or even somebody that has some sort of dissability and still wants a two stroke, would appreciate the e-start. options are always good.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned

Talking

Dank. You seem to be a touchy feely liberal type, handicaped riders? I've got a mental handicap! does that count?: , help me plea---se. You could allways hire some illegal aliens to bump start your bike for you, get rid of the cooling system too,have them fan the engine with palm fronds. Who knows maybee eventually you could get them sworn in and hooked up to the I.R.S. paying taxes. Me Bwana.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:11 PM

widebear,

Its probably a good thing that we don't have an off topic or political discussion forum here like on some other sites, because despite it being a lot of fun, you, myself, and nhrider at least could get into some real trouble.

Funny stuff!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Banned

Ahmen! aint it the truth.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:15 PM

im refering to people who lose things like hands or legs....... ive met a few riders without a hand, and i bet its a royal b#$tch to kick a bike over with one had. or without that oh so convenient right foot.... or the guy (cant remember his name) who is paralyzed from the waist down, and rode the baja 500 a couple years back. guys like him. i just said that it is nice to have the option. u dont need to dig into me. and, for your information, im a rural minnesota conservative dairy farmer. i just think its kindof a moot point to argue over the e-starts existence, especially since you can take it off. i was just sayin that i think its a good idea to have that option.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:46 PM

Everyone was crying about no electric start on the 2010's, and now everyone is crying about having electric start on the 2011's. Buy a new GasGas, shut up, and RIDE!
2010 GasGas EC 300 Nambotin Replica #141
2006 Honda XR650R Supermoto