Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

FG I bought my bike from the trials guy on Indian School rd Mike Carlton at Hard Rock Trials. He ws planning a bigger store in N. PHX a couple years ago to try to get the Gasser's up and going but I don't know what happened with his plans, likely the sagging economy. I have not lived thier for 3 years, if you think they are few in AZ try Idaho. I've seen one other bike hear in 3 years. Nearest dealer north of Seattle, 600 miles away. I take that back there are a couple in Nevada 350 miles away, but they don't have bikes or parts.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Rick, Say hi the Tim at Bernies for me, i was a customer of his for years.
Curtis Larsen.

Tim is a stand up guy, always treats his customers fairly, and they actually know and ride the bikes they sell. what a concept in the days of mega bike stores where the customer has to educate the sales people on the bike they are trying to sell.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvl05 View Post
FG I bought my bike from the trials guy on Indian School rd Mike Carlton at Hard Rock Trials. He ws planning a bigger store in N. PHX a couple years ago to try to get the Gasser's up and going but I don't know what happened with his plans, likely the sagging economy. I have not lived thier for 3 years, if you think they are few in AZ try Idaho. I've seen one other bike hear in 3 years. Nearest dealer north of Seattle, 600 miles away. I take that back there are a couple in Nevada 350 miles away, but they don't have bikes or parts.
We have a new distributor up North in Cherry and he is very excited and motivated to get GasGas bikes out there. If not for him I don't think I would have considered riding a GG. We have one guy in our club who has been on a DE250 for a couple of years and I was always impressed with the bike, I just never really took them seriously. Well, I jumped in with both feet, bought my 300 from Tom, my son rode it and was very impressed with the handling, but didn't like the "lazy" 300 motor. Tom let him demo a 250 and long story short, he will be campaigning an '09 EC250 Racing this year in our local HS/Enduro series. Tom has been extremely supportive and helpful and hopefully he will be able to get more dealerships up and running in our state. I just read tonight on our club forum that another club member just bought a 300, that's 4 new GG's in our club in the last 5 months!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 AM

Lemmings !!!

Last edited by AZRickD; 05-08-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
Lemmings !!!

Let me see, the Arizona Trail Riders have approximately 150 members of which 90 ride orange, now there are 5 GasGas riders. If anything we are the Lemmings Auxilliary Club.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:10 PM

Thumbs up Because it´s made for tough guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CLKGS9Uk0A
Brasil!
Old 05-25-2009, 03:46 PM

Cos there bullet proof!
FMF Gnarly
Old 07-02-2009, 08:25 AM

Default love my gas gas

the reasons why, oh let me count the ways:

it's absolutely die hard! the thing would never think of leaving you stranded.
one of the few bikes left that you can buy a 2 stroke. i tear the 4 stroke guys up when they kick n kick n kick n kick n kick n kick n still aren't running!! one time almost all the time and there's life in the monster. aside from the great handling and suspension, i enjoy the fact that its cult following. i've been at races and heard people ask " isn't it basically a KTM" or " they use a lot of Honda parts right?" oh the stupidity.

I've been in to motorcycles my whole life and racing about 6 years now and last year was the first and best year of riding on a gasser and I'll never go to anything else. I love my 3oo so much I found a smokin deal on a trials and scooped it up. It's a whole other world that's just a blast, thanks to gasgas
Old 07-29-2009, 06:14 AM

I love my Gas Gas because:

It's a 2-stroke
It's a tractor
I'ts super reliable
It's easy to work on
It handles like a dream in the tight stuff
It's special
it's really good quality and value
It never stalls
It has never broken a chain or even dislocated it
It has the best clutch ever
Beacuse the parts are fairly cheap
Because the bike still looks like new, even though it's 6 years old.

And last: Every time I feel like getting a never bike I just can't find a reason for doing that.

I just look at it and smile. That's why I love my Gas Gas EC 300
Old 08-14-2009, 09:03 AM

Why I love my GasGas? Handling in the rough stuff. I rode my first National Enduro in 1972, yes 1972, aboard a Penton and and continued to ride KTM until purchasing a 2007 250XC. Getting off my MXC I realized KTM had gone in a different direction over a few short years. My KTM/GasGas dealer had started racing the GasGas in the woods for the same reason. He assured me the GasGas would turn better in the woods and he was correct. I sold the XC after the first ride aboard the EC300. I ride with guys younger than I who are faster in the open stuff, but when conditions turn really nasty and technical the GG leads the way.