Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Banned

You have not nor has Les personally seen my forks. I had them apart on the bench in front of me. I saw no indication of a quality coating on the damper rod.You think I'm making this up to spite you? I'm not! Tell you what, next time I service the forks I'll post up some pictures. If you feel that is inappropriate or slanderous to gasgas you can pull em. I'll understand and accept you have your reasons.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:52 PM

Which parts of your fork are not hard coated?

Bringing up the Cannondale Ohlins was simply to point out that valving is of course a bigger factor than superior component quality on OEM performance. You can compare a 10 yr old Ohlins to a new Zoke, because a new Zoke is basically like an '02 Zoke, if that makes sense. I've had them apart together on the bench.

Jeff,

I talked to Les about this too and agree they should be. Mine were clearly worn through any coating to a high luster, so I had them redone in black T3. Very nice now.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Widebear,

There are hard coatings that are clear and I am very sure you are misinterpreting what you are looking at. It's not kashima, but that's not the only "quality hardcoating" out there.

jeff
Old 04-01-2011, 01:28 PM

As someone who has a downpayment on a new 2011 six days 250 and picking it up on the 12th, does anyone have any positive things to say about the forks on this bike for east coast tight singletrack? My local tuner has done a few zokes and primarily services WP,KYB, etc.........Can anyone offer some valving changes and mods that can be done to make them work? I'm 150 with no gear and planned on 5.0 rear and 4.0 front springs. All singletrack riding. Fast C, back of the pack B rider.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperrider1 View Post
As someone who has a downpayment on a new 2011 six days 250 and picking it up on the 12th, does anyone have any positive things to say about the forks on this bike for east coast tight singletrack? My local tuner has done a few zokes and primarily services WP,KYB, etc.........Can anyone offer some valving changes and mods that can be done to make them work? I'm 150 with no gear and planned on 5.0 rear and 4.0 front springs. All singletrack riding. Fast C, back of the pack B rider.
If you want someone down east call Bill Pemberton @ CCycle. He's up in CT and has a good bit of knowledge/experience with these forks. Then there is Les/LTR out west. Both know what they need.

When you get it dialed in you'll probably jump immediately to a Fast B, back of the pack A rider.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperrider1 View Post
I have an 07gasser that I brought new 4 years ago and really like my 45 ZOOKs for tight singletrack here in Tennessee. I just serviced mine for the third time (they have 600 hours on them) and everything looked fine. The black coating is partially gone from one leg but that was probably due to over tightening the triple clamp pinch bolts back when the bike was new (when you get your bike loosen the pinch bolts and retighten to GMPs specifications). The coating on the my other leg is fine.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Jeff , If I had ridden mine I'd give you some feedback ,but I haven't even fired it up as of yet.

Mountain Suzuki used a guy named Ulrich to do mine , but as I said I havent ridden it yet . He is the same guy that did Daniel morrisons though.

Allen schaffer (ASR) said he could do it if he had the bike to ride to see what it was doing

All this sounds scary ,but really my 08 is stock and its not bad.

http://philipstewart.zenfolio.com
Old 04-01-2011, 02:52 PM

gasser,

600 hrs and 3 services is a typo right?

Mine go 20 hrs between service. The coating on the stanctions is like new @ 133 hrs.

Enough panic already, the fork can be made to work excellent for the eastern woods.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
. . . the fork can be made to work excellent for the eastern woods. . .
The very words told me by the tuners I talked to prior to purchase.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:06 PM

This is Brent Martell posting on Matt's computer. My damper rod is not coated. Two tuners and myself have had the forks apart more times than I can count. There is no internal component that is coated.

The one good thing about forums is that it can at times prepare a person to accept or not the inherent risks of new bike ownership. I may have purchased the gg even with the fork issue's but I would have wasted a lot less time if I just knew what to look for. Additionally, not one single person said the gg in gerneral is junk, quite the opposite actually. zoke and gg can do better and should do better in this department of the bike performance. The question is if someone is not happy with their forks should they not get a complete answer to what they can do to correct it? I say absolutely, and this is the place to get that info, good, bad, and ugly. Honest as it can be.

Ride on. Hoping my forks work well for me Sunday. Praying praying praying
Closed Thread