Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Hey good idea on the cam. I will keep the gearing in mind but I know with the old setup it could pull that section without clutch.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

The other thing that will mess with your head some, is that N1EF#2 is probably leaner in the half range area than your NEDJ#3. The main difference is in the closed to 1/4 throttle range, where the stock needle was much much richer.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:28 PM

Ah ok thats a nice tid bit. Would explain why I had to up the pilot? Well I will also keep that in mind. Maybe leaning the needle will be the answer. Looking forward to seeing which way she'll want to go. Thanks.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah! get out in your riding area. Do some laps, make a change. do some more.

Rich will feel slow to rev and doughy. When its lean it almost feels like opening the throttle further makes it worse.

Have you ever checked the pv tension?
Old 06-20-2014, 01:38 PM

I have not. Definatly will look into that.

Some good progress made today. First I adjust the float to 8mm. Then I dropped the clip on the needle and put it back together. Took her out to warm her up so I could work on the pilot. Man it was really clean in the middle of the range but didnt feel lean. This was on flat ground without much load, so its just an observation since I had to warm her up.

Got it warmed, went through the pilot procedure. My highest idle was at 3.5 turns out. So knowing the slide is rich I went down to a 38 pilot from 40. Got her together and man she is ticking. One of the things I notice now is smooth decel. No more tinging. I'm at 1.75-2 turns out now and the exhaust note sounds like a growling bear, it was definatly gurgling now I can tell. I had the 38 in a couple pages back, but had surging. That must have been the 2 clips leaner needle.

Took it for a spin and it definatly pulls consistantly now to 3/4 throttle. Again this was just to get the pilot figured out, but I think the needle is in a good place too. Going to get to some hills tonight and test it there.

One last note, the carb seemed more resposive to the airscrew today. Dont know if its my head or maybe the float adjustment?

If the main was flat on its face lean bogging at wot, would just one main bigger be enough typically? Because it was flat at 175, so I went to 178. I have a feeling the main is still lean.

Thanks again will post up after some heavier load tests.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buysomerice View Post
So knowing the slide is rich I went down to a 38 pilot from 40. Got her together and man she is ticking. One of the things I notice now is smooth decel. No more tinging. I'm at 1.75-2 turns out now and the exhaust note sounds like a growling bear, it was definatly gurgling now I can tell. I had the 38 in a couple pages back, but had surging. That must have been the 2 clips leaner needle.

Took it for a spin and it definatly pulls consistantly now to 3/4 throttle.
That's awesome man, you're definitely on the right track! It's cool to figure out the cause and effect huh - I know I'm still doing that.

Now that you have the pilot circuit figured out (mostly - I know under load it might change a little), it'll be interesting to hear where you go with the main given your needle position.

I don't know how that needle finishes - it might be rich at the end and you wouldn't need to go up another size on the main jet. Jumping one size can make a big difference if the needle works with it - could be all you're looking for if she doesn't flatten out when your WFO.

This has been a great read man, good for my learning too