Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:21 PM

Gets tall with that pad over the damper. Too bad I hate submounts, like you too I guess. Think I'd have to loose the pad so I could adjust the damper.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:12 AM

GMP, if you would like to run the pad and adjust your damper you could drill a hole in the pad cover and foam for a hose to run through. Slip the hose over the adjuster knob and wire tie it. Then use a plastic adjuster star on the top of the hose to adjust the damper as needed while riding. Typically this is an acceptable solution to this problem. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Cole
Old 01-18-2012, 12:18 PM

Cole,

I'm a tech guy so always asking questions and thinking about different ways to solve problems. Did you guys ever think about a different profile cross member(s) to keep the height down? I realize it would not be a flat stamping or forging like you have now. Likely a mfg. cost issue. Not a criticism, all is good and thanks for contributing.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:51 PM

Thanks for thinking of new ideas GMP. We've experimented with different ways of routing the crossbars with limited success. There are so many components and set ups to take into account. Even now some of the original GPR dampers knobs still touch the crossbars if the rider adjusts them in certain positions. We've gone around the front and back of the damper but it limits the amount of adjustability. The damper crossbars are a continual work in progress. Input is always appreciated!
Old 02-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Today I mounted a set of these bars on my bike. I hope I won't regret it. Looking to make it the long haul. Every little thing helps. They are the Enduro Hi bend. They are still 3mm short of my MSR Freestyle bend bars, but hopefully that won't bug me too much. I've never ridden a set and am going strictly off of the reccommendation of Bob Reinen at Cycle Buy. Fingers crossed. I squeaked when I put down the cash, paying full retail for the most expensive set of bars I've ever seen, when I've never even tried them is a risk for sure.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 02-23-2012, 06:49 AM

How much do they weigh compared to a stock bar?
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 02-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Negligible weight difference. I was told they were heavy, they are not. Chilly White loves them, Kevin Rookstool is using them. Good indication they work. Bob Reinen at Cycle Buy convinced me to try them. If you fill out the registration card, you can replace them at half cost if you ruin them.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 02-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

They weigh about 3 lbs. Can't even tell while riding.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:17 PM

Roostafish, thanks for trying Flexx Handlebars. If you have any questions or concerns please email or call us. We are always happy to help and want to be sure your Flexx Handlebars are performing their best through proper set up.

GasGasman, thanks for running Flexx Handlebars and the input on this forum.

Let me know how I can be of help to any of you.

Thank you,
Cole
coletrain@fasstco.com
562) 219-4707
Old 02-23-2012, 01:20 PM

Do you guys think the enduro bend with standard crossbars will clear a top mount Motosportz damper? The MotoSportz is low profile, would be nice to avoid the higher damper crossbars if possible.