Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:50 AM

No the impeller is not siezed it spins freely and the bearing is intact.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

is the key in place for the counterweight? Could it have sheared? Shaft broken? If the counterweight wasn't properly installed, and/or the key had a defect, it could have let go. I recently had a yamaha generator have a improperly installed rotor, and it spun when the key failed.

Hard to tell from a single picture.

Also seems weird to have this fail and onegreyghost's clutch screws back out. QC problem at the factory? it's hard to say w/o knowing frequency and raw numbers of failures.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:19 AM

Yes the end of the shaft that goes into the impeller is sheared off on the face were the key couples to the impeller bearing. If the shaft sheared though don't you think the key would fall and the shaft would just spin without turning the impeller? The shaft is obviously sheared but I don't know how the pressed bearing then ground down the case and finally let go? I have more pics of the parts I'll post later today
Old 09-07-2010, 08:22 AM

I don't see how the counterweight could be the source of the problem. Even if the key sheared, it is a close fit on the crank and captured between the collar and the primary pinion, which is obviously secure. For the weight to move into the case and chew it up would mean the entire crank would have to move. There is a circlip on the back side of the plastic gear retaining it engaged against the drive pin on the shaft. Have you found this? Perhaps this failed or was missing, allowing the plastic gear to "walk" back into the weight, catching the edge of the eccentric. There would be a tremendous amount of side load force working on that shaft at that point, as is obvious in the totally shattered bearing, snapped shaft and damaged case.

Look for that circlip, or the part of the shaft without it.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:22 PM

The cir clip is on the shaft severly mangled I did find this
Old 09-07-2010, 02:54 PM

OK, my $$ is on the shaft simple failing where the pin is pressed in, wobbling, and getting caught by the weight. Like I said this has happened once before, but it was awhile ago and my not be available.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:30 PM

ok so i dropped the bike off at my dealer and there taking care of it, i figured they would there all great guys and they said dave at gasgas pacific said there going to get everything fixed up asap so a big thanks to both my dealer(seitzco motorsports in okotoks!) and dave at pacific. finally a company that stands behind there bikes!!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
ok so i dropped the bike off at my dealer and there taking care of it, i figured they would there all great guys and they said dave at gasgas pacific said there going to get everything fixed up asap so a big thanks to both my dealer(seitzco motorsports in okotoks!) and dave at pacific. finally a company that stands behind there bikes!!!!
Good for them, great to see someone doing what is right instead of trying to send the blame back to you. Just one more thing to love about GG! BMW and Suzuki should take notice (from what I hear).
Old 09-09-2010, 11:14 AM

I just thought I'd also mention that seitzco( my dealer) offered me a 2010 ec300 demo to use while my nambo was out of commission, now that's good service, thanks again guys!!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:11 PM

alright everyone so heres whats going on, my dealer has taken the engine apart because one of the ball bearings was missing. so after tearing it down they needed to replace water pump and get a new set of cases. ive been waiting for a week to see how long parts are going to take to get so i called today to ask whats going on and how long my bike is going to be down for. they talked to dave fair today and told me that a new motor is currently being shipped from spain for me! now i was really impressed with how gasgas stepped up in fixing my bike but this is just great service in my opinion, no messing around with new cases just a brand spankin new motor. thanks dave!