Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 03-31-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
fortunately you are a forgiving customer!
Don't know if I would go that far. I will exhaust every avenue before using them again. No offer to make things right despite numerous broken promises. Eventually shipping a part much later than said in a way different than said is not making a situation right. Not even a call with some cockamaymie story which at least acknowledges they were jackwagons about the whole process.

I am happy it didn't turn out to be similar to eline for more money. If I had to do it again I would not go with them. I will not recommend them to friends. If people will ask and are determined I will share my experience and if they are good with it...they will/may end up with a really nice part on whatever timetable P3 likes.

I got what I paid for which is more than I can say for some bad deals.

18 bucks for shipping and "handling" that is UPS ground...fail.

You can charge a premium buck for a premium product with good customer service...otherwise IMO...fail.

IF when I initially ordered I got an email saying I was too busy etc. and I personally have a hard time thinking ALL us GasGas people put in SO many orders he had that long of a backlog. Then we all get ours at the same time coincidently. I suspect it had to do with filling other orders and didn't want to change his mold for one or two when he is prolly struggling to keep up (looks like a small operation to me). Then an apology for the delay but if you would like to cancel your order we understand. I would have prolly been fine with EVERYTHING...albeit disappointed. I got told a few times when something was going to go out and it kept extending everytime...so now I am being strung along. That pisses me off, and is dishonest in my book.

Prolly a good guy, prolly will be offended by the dishonest statement, but has earned it. I can really appreciate and really like to support people who support non mainstream products, but you absolutely have to be honest with your customers even if it means losing a sale on the front end because otherwise you lose many sales you will never know about.

I have another situation very similar to this. I guess that is what you get when your choices are limited.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven View Post
Don't know if I would go that far. I will exhaust every avenue before using them again. No offer to make things right despite numerous broken promises. Eventually shipping a part much later than said in a way different than said is not making a situation right. Not even a call with some cockamaymie story which at least acknowledges they were jackwagons about the whole process.

I am happy it didn't turn out to be similar to eline for more money. If I had to do it again I would not go with them. I will not recommend them to friends. If people will ask and are determined I will share my experience and if they are good with it...they will/may end up with a really nice part on whatever timetable P3 likes.

I got what I paid for which is more than I can say for some bad deals.

18 bucks for shipping and "handling" that is UPS ground...fail.

You can charge a premium buck for a premium product with good customer service...otherwise IMO...fail.

IF when I initially ordered I got an email saying I was too busy etc. and I personally have a hard time thinking ALL us GasGas people put in SO many orders he had that long of a backlog. Then we all get ours at the same time coincidently. I suspect it had to do with filling other orders and didn't want to change his mold for one or two when he is prolly struggling to keep up (looks like a small operation to me). Then an apology for the delay but if you would like to cancel your order we understand. I would have prolly been fine with EVERYTHING...albeit disappointed. I got told a few times when something was going to go out and it kept extending everytime...so now I am being strung along. That pisses me off, and is dishonest in my book.

Prolly a good guy, prolly will be offended by the dishonest statement, but has earned it. I can really appreciate and really like to support people who support non mainstream products, but you absolutely have to be honest with your customers even if it means losing a sale on the front end because otherwise you lose many sales you will never know about.

I have another situation very similar to this. I guess that is what you get when your choices are limited.
I've bought 5 guards from P3 in the past 2 years. The first guard was shipped in a day and I got the tracking # in an email. The second guard was not in stock and I was told up front that it would be weeks... no prob. The 3rd guard was promised in days, but took 2 weeks... OK... no prob again. The 4th guard was promised in days but took 3 weeks and several emails... hmmmmm. The last guard was promised in days and took almost a month with several unanswered phone calls, several unanswered emails, one answered email with a tracking #.

These, in my opinion, are symptoms of a business that is covered in demand and can't keep up. High demand is a good thing for P3. But I'm in total agreement with forgiven... there's NO excuse for deception and bad customer service.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:06 PM

Sounds like a pretty honest summary from forgiven. I'm guessing Eric is a one man operation and means well, but obviously has a hard time keeping up with demand. From the list of clients I'm guessing some would get priority over others. Some guys have technical abilities and customer service skills together. Some lack one or the other and it is unfortunate such a nice product has to have these issues. Perhaps a link to this forum would give him some new perspective.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom View Post
Sounds like a pretty honest summary from forgiven. I'm guessing Eric is a one man operation and means well, but obviously has a hard time keeping up with demand. From the list of clients I'm guessing some would get priority over others. Some guys have technical abilities and customer service skills together. Some lack one or the other and it is unfortunate such a nice product has to have these issues. Perhaps a link to this forum would give him some new perspective.
I think you nailed it mrkartoom!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:57 PM

Recent emails:

Quote:
Eric,
My dealer has had several of your GasGas pipe guards on order for a long time. One of those is for me, and I really need it ASAP. Scott at Ross Rocher Sales told me his credit card was billed, but he hasn't received a delivery notification yet. I'm hoping the parts are in transit. P3 is getting a bad reputation on the Gasgas forum due to all the talk about poor delivery.
Neil
Quote:
Hello Neil,
The order for Ross Rocher will be shipping out tomorrow. We have been extremely busy these past two months and got a bit back logged. I seem to have got a handle on it for now. There is just myself and another guy doing all the work. I'm not happy that there is a bad rap going on about my poor delivery and have been working at getting things caught up. It's funny, other than the Ross Rocher order there might be about a half dozen GG pipe guards ordered. The problem is that I have parts for just about every popular off-road bike and things can get crazy here very quick with my business itself being small. I'm sure once the orders get to you guys you'll be very happy. Sorry for the delays.
Thanks,
Eric Pirie
Old 03-31-2011, 07:55 PM

Good you did that and he does know what is being said. Now all he needs to do is balance good intentions with forthrightness.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:08 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

i have sent him an email twice to this link, once when it was full of praise and again recently when all the issues with delivery were raised. It is only fair to him.

It also will indicate how customers would like to be treated
Old 04-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Top job team.

I'm in total agreeance that these issues aren't with the time delays themselves, but the way we are (or aren't) informed of them.

I had already expected to wait a week or two for mine, and had placed my order on the pipe before I even received the bike hoping they would arrive around the same time. I laid out a lot of money on a product to protect my pipe (almost as much as a new pipe) and felt every time I was heading out for a ride that I was gambling that money.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieg View Post
I've bought 5 guards from P3 in the past 2 years. The first guard was shipped in a day and I got the tracking # in an email. The second guard was not in stock and I was told up front that it would be weeks... no prob. The 3rd guard was promised in days, but took 2 weeks... OK... no prob again. The 4th guard was promised in days but took 3 weeks and several emails... hmmmmm. The last guard was promised in days and took almost a month with several unanswered phone calls, several unanswered emails, one answered email with a tracking #.

These, in my opinion, are symptoms of a business that is covered in demand and can't keep up. High demand is a good thing for P3. But I'm in total agreement with forgiven... there's NO excuse for deception and bad customer service.

I'm in the same boat. Ordered my P3 pipe guard 3 weeks ago and haven't received it. I've sent 2 e-mails and left one voice message, all have gone unanswered. I'm still waiting, but my new pipe is already getting dinged.

Steve
Old 04-12-2011, 10:25 AM

Well it's been over a month since my dealer's card was charged and still no guards. I'll post up when they arrive, but if you are thinking of ordering one, better allow at least six weeks.