Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > United Kingdom

Old 05-19-2012, 06:28 PM

Default Patience is everything

Project 'El Diablo' is about 75% finished now just money is stopping it from being finished faster ...should I buy new plastics or buy my little girl a nice new shiny ride on trike for her 1st birthday ????

Well this time my little princess has won...and I will be happy in the knowledge she got something nice..I'm already putting 2 pounds a week away for a Yamaha PeeWee 50 for her to ride with daddy in a couple of years.

My original left side radiator was in quite good shape to say it was 14 years old a few bent fins but nothing a bit of patience with a small fin shaped thingymajiggy wouldn't straighten out,bit of acid alloy cleaner and wire wool wouldn't fix.

When I came to to the right side radiator ..... it was more bent than Elton John!!

I toyed with the idea of just cleaning it up as before and bolting it back on, but my ebay account got the better of me, I bidded on a right side rad off a '06 model and won it for 40 quid delivered.

when the package came the were 2 rads in the parcel much to my delight ( allbeit one of them has had a repair to it) the right side looked straight I noticed that the outlets were a little different ..but the main thing was the mounting holes to the frame and rad scoops the same ...yes they are!!
Result!! It's all good the 06 is ever so slightly smaller in length (maybe 10-15mm) and a tiny little bit wider (10mm) but it has bolted straight up and at least I dont have to spend a sh17 load of cash on a new one.

I have spent most of my saturday night with a small screwdriver and the same
small fin shaped thingymajiggy to straighten the bent fins, a bit of acid cleaner and voila 1 newish straight radiator for an old skool ride.... patience is everything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5239.jpg (124.9 KB, 49 views)

Old 05-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikSchmidt View Post
OMG.. That is gonna look so sweet in Black And Gold...
and you're almost there
Be carefull breaking her in, you're gonna feel sad the first time you scratch her..
Word!

Some great attention to detail sausage. Almost inspires me to do the same!
Old 05-19-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Word!

Some great attention to detail sausage. Almost inspires me to do the same!
Thanks..... Just wait and see whats coming soon the one the ONLY "El Diablo" 14 years old but with a nice new style twist and the satisfaction it's my bike.

I cant wait to smell that castor oil from the exhaust....I know that the new skool fully synthetic stuff is the best .... but I just want "The Smell of Racing"
my dad always told me "It smells better than a sunday roast lad"
Old 05-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

The only problem is I don't think I could put all the hours in to make it look that good and then ride it. I just gave my bike a pretty decent clean up with its annual lubing and after a few play rides it's already back to its former dirty self. Like they say, a new bike is only new until you ride it. Haha!

Looking forward to the next update!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
The only problem is I don't think I could put all the hours in to make it look that good and then ride it. I just gave my bike a pretty decent clean up with its annual lubing and after a few play rides it's already back to its former dirty self. Like they say, a new bike is only new until you ride it. Haha!

Looking forward to the next update!
For me it's not about having the BEST bike it's just about being a biker and enjoying what I have and just tinkering about in the garage swigging a few tinnies listening to some tunes and enjoying myself.....Im gonna take a shit load of pictures of the finished article just for the record & the forum ...then I will make her dirtier than an amsterdam hooker on crack...it's a dirt bike so Im gonna dirty it up big time.

next update in a week or so ...thanks to my good friend henrik schmidt
Old 05-19-2012, 09:01 PM

Default state of play

here are some pictures from a week ago
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5070.jpg (107.4 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5071.jpg (129.5 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5075.jpg (127.4 KB, 94 views)
Old 05-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

I hear you. I can easily spend a full day in the shed listening to triple J, drinking a few cool beverages while tinkering away. Heck. I decided to polish my powervalve!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:43 PM

Default Hopefully Soon Amigos

El Diablo is nearly ready now just little bits to do etc, I bought some new brake lines to replace the old 14 year old ones with some decent Goodrich braided lines along with some new pads (which are in the post) so one they arrive I can put them in the calipers and fit the new lines on and bleed them up.

I was half tempted to not bother doing the lines but seen as I have rebuilt the calipers then it seemed stupid not to replace the lines, a good rider has good brakes but those issy pissy little parts from brembo are so fahookin expensive, maybe thats why GG dropped brembo's ??

They are still #1 brakes in my opinion thats why ferrari and many other companies use them.

I'll try take a few pictures of the bike but at the minute it kinda looks the same as before I've just been sorting the wiring that some butcher has wired up.
The lighting loom was not pretty just soldered up and tape wrapped around but have replaced the dodgy wiring with bullet connectors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5935.jpg (79.8 KB, 27 views)
Old 07-27-2012, 07:03 PM

Default Christmas in July ??

Yes christmas does come in july and santa stopped by my house via a little detour to a little town in Denmark called 'Kyndby Huse'

Henrik Schmidt Sorensen is such a great guy and I cannot thank him enough for his hard work and inspiration that has made me a very very happy man.
His workmanship is TOP CLASS !!!

I answered a post in this forum posted by henrik for help for an engine he was interested buying for his sherco trials bike ... I along with others answered his post advising that I lived in the county where the engine was so I offered my help to him ... I mean why wouldn't I offer a complete stranger my help??

That's how we roll over here in europe.

I have spoken to henrik a couple of times on the telephone and I know that I will meet him someday soon.

If you are reading this henrik!!

Jeg kan ikke takke dig nok du er mand. . . ingen legenden
El Diablo er en del af dig s? godt som mig

Jeg vil m?de dig snart min ven og tillykke

Your a great guy and we will share a duvel together one day my friend

Last edited by savage sausage; 07-27-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:27 PM

Default mmmmm

Yeeeee haaaaa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg THE most important part of my bike.jpg (100.4 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg Santas Presents.jpg (128.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Treats from the Mother in Law!!!.jpg (109.2 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg For you henrik.jpg (104.7 KB, 53 views)