Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:07 PM

Default Suspension and Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanian View Post
I've still got a few bugs to work out on the suspension. It's wired, if I would hit one square edge, it would soak it up. But if I would hit multiple objects, like some hard braking bumps, it would pogo my brains out. I think I needed more rebound across the board and a little less compression. The motor impressed me to no end. It would lug way down low and stay running.
Glad you are enjoying the bike! Keep working the small things, as it just gets better and better. The motor really is magic. Works everywhere.
As for the suspension: stock, I had the exact same experience with multiple high speed hits. Oddly, more rebound and less compression damping made it worse. When I did the exact opposite (less rebound and more compression), it stayed higher up in the softer part of the stroke and was (barely) rideable. Complete revalve and respring was required for me. But at 150 lbs. naked, I have to do that to every bike.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:34 PM

Dude, if you're still having problems with your carb , PM me and I ll give you some advice ! I followed and built off of the settings that "Jakobi"gave me when I first for my 11 300 SD. I will be glad to share what I have learned about the bike and engine .. You should be a little less apt to have a jetting setup problem due to you squish clearance correction and also due to the fact that bike should be running a wee bit richer because of it .. Hit me up and I share some info
-JD
]| DUAL SPORT ARMORY Suspension
]| Hampton Roads HVAC.com Contracting

"You mean I have to put oil on the gas too?"
" Where is Kutcher ?"
Old 11-29-2012, 09:29 PM

I got the bike running MUCH better.
I spent the last few days recovering from my race Saturday. I gave the bike a good wash and noticed the first few scratches Ive given it. I took the spark plug out and it was covered. I decided to go down a couple main jet sized to see how it would respond before i try the nedj needle. I went from the 180 to a 175. Wow, it took all the dead spot out of the mid range. The bike is a wheelie machine now. That should make me a lot faster lol. Gonna ride this weekend and see how it acts in the woods now.... May need a g2 throttle cam, this thing is a beast.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 AM

Well it's been a couple months now and there are a few things I've noticed. The first is, I love this bike. It's a head turner, around my area few people have much experiance with gg so I like that part. It's been super reliable. No mechanical problems. The suspension has settled nicely, it seems to ride really smooth at a cruising pace, but the shock "packs" a little when you pick up the pace in a whooped out section. Of course, the maneuverability is great. It gives me a ton of confidence in the tight stuff. I've never been able to have factory width bars where I ride, but the renthals remain uncut. Just a quick flick of the bars and youre dodging through the trees.

The ONLY real complaint I have is the carb. I can't seem to get the thing quite right. I ride mainly in the lower rpms. Most of the time I'm in third or even forth. But occasionally I need to get on the pipe, like on a long hill, or entering an open stretch. The bike bogs a little when transitioning from the pilot to the main. Then it cleans out and rockets forward. If I ride it harder it doesn't load up on me, but it's very tiring to ride a 300 on the pipe for very long.

I know this isn't the bikes fault, I just need to spend more time jetting. It doesn't help that our weather changes so rapidly here. High on Monday was 70 low on Thursday was 9!!! Crazy huh

Another thing I just remembered is my decal/grafics are peeling pretty bad. My front fender and radiator shrouds pull free when I pressure wash it. None of my other bikes have had this issue. I'm sure it has to do with all the edges and points this thing has. Other than that I have no complaints.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:31 AM

Pick up a can of 3M super 77 for those graphics. Clean the plastic and back of the graphics with some brake clean and re-glue.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanian View Post
Well it's been a couple months now and there are a few things I've noticed. The first is, I love this bike. It's a head turner, around my area few people have much experiance with gg so I like that part. It's been super reliable. No mechanical problems. The suspension has settled nicely, it seems to ride really smooth at a cruising pace, but the shock "packs" a little when you pick up the pace in a whooped out section. Of course, the maneuverability is great. It gives me a ton of confidence in the tight stuff. I've never been able to have factory width bars where I ride, but the renthals remain uncut. Just a quick flick of the bars and youre dodging through the trees.

The ONLY real complaint I have is the carb. I can't seem to get the thing quite right. I ride mainly in the lower rpms. Most of the time I'm in third or even forth. But occasionally I need to get on the pipe, like on a long hill, or entering an open stretch. The bike bogs a little when transitioning from the pilot to the main. Then it cleans out and rockets forward. If I ride it harder it doesn't load up on me, but it's very tiring to ride a 300 on the pipe for very long.

I know this isn't the bikes fault, I just need to spend more time jetting. It doesn't help that our weather changes so rapidly here. High on Monday was 70 low on Thursday was 9!!! Crazy huh

Another thing I just remembered is my decal/grafics are peeling pretty bad. My front fender and radiator shrouds pull free when I pressure wash it. None of my other bikes have had this issue. I'm sure it has to do with all the edges and points this thing has. Other than that I have no complaints.
Jason, give me a call and we'll see what you're running for jetting, mine is spot on and I'm a low RPM rider also
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 02-04-2013, 11:34 AM

"The ONLY real complaint I have is the carb. I can't seem to get the thing quite right. I ride mainly in the lower rpms. Most of the time I'm in third or even forth. But occasionally I need to get on the pipe, like on a long hill, or entering an open stretch. The bike bogs a little when transitioning from the pilot to the main. Then it cleans out and rockets forward. If I ride it harder it doesn't load up on me, but it's very tiring to ride a 300 on the pipe for very long"
I had the same problem with my 12 and 13. I put the Leo Vince muffler on it and it made this transition very smooth.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:48 PM

I put the Cannon silencer on from Gofasters and it really woke the bike up. Never liked the Stealth. Replace it or cut it/gut it.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:35 PM

Thanks guys, I've looked into a cannon pipe. That's who did my suspension and the tuner promised me I'd love it. At first I was against a pipe because I nearly bought a freinds 08 ktm 300, that bike had a fatty\shorty and a powervalve combo that was hard to handle. But the more time I've spent on this bike, the more I think the midrange could use a boost. Like I've said, I can tractor this bike up the nastiest ledge rock around with barely a stall, or spin it up and fly through the smooth stuff. But after pacing a guy for a half a lap (harescramble), and I decide to make a move on him, the bike stumbles in the transition from pilot to main jet. I've since lowerd the needle one position and adjusted the air screw. It runs strong in the field next to my house, but I haven't had a chance to get it back on the trail to see how it acts in normal conditions (not wide open).

I just want to say thanks to all who have helped me with this beast. There seems to be fewer egos on this board than some of the others I've used. Wish I could meet/ride with some of you. Problem is, most seem to be over the pond.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGas View Post
Pick up a can of 3M super 77 for those graphics. Clean the plastic and back of the graphics with some brake clean and re-glue.
Thanks, I did this very thing tonigh. We'll see how it holds up to the pressure washer.