Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:52 PM

Your probably right jakobi , i was told by one of the dealers and race team manager to give the race a miss unless you are a championship level rider , which of course im not , tuning the sachs here is a bit of an unknown though .
Ill ask a few more questions on monday before i make my final call .

Old 06-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs345 View Post
Your probably right jakobi , i was told by one of the dealers and race team manager to give the race a miss unless you are a championship level rider , which of course im not , tuning the sachs here is a bit of an unknown though .
Ill ask a few more questions on monday before i make my final call .
Championship racer.. Haha! All talk from the dealer. Unless if it comes with the lighter flywheel the are the same engine, in the same chasis, and if anything the valving on the zoke will be more user friendly than the sachs out of the crate (unless if they've made some changes).

You could always throw it out there and ask for a special build? Maybe just maybe you might be able to order a E start with Zokes for a good price.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Championship racer.. Haha! All talk from the dealer. Unless if it comes with the lighter flywheel the are the same engine, in the same chasis, and if anything the valving on the zoke will be more user friendly than the sachs out of the crate (unless if they've made some changes).

You could always throw it out there and ask for a special build? Maybe just maybe you might be able to order a E start with Zokes for a good price.
Maybee was talk , he was trying to sell me a ex display ec300 es, i have heard others say in the uk that the marzocchi forks are stiff

I asked the question if you could get the race fitted with es to order , and was told the electric start kit would take 3 or more weeks to come , so I presume the answer was no

Last edited by Diggs345; 06-24-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:09 PM

Diggs, I bought the E-start & am only a Clubman rider. The Sachs initially were harsh, rear especially so. I then set them to factory recommended settings & adjusted to suit myself (slightly softer)! If I were you I'd pick the E-start (I'll never go back to kick) & spend the cash saved over the Race on lovely Meccasystems Rad, Sump & frame guards. Whatever you choose to do I'm sure you'll be happy anywho.

Robs.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs345 View Post
Maybee was talk , he was trying to sell me a ex display ec300 es, i have heard others say in the uk that the marzocchi forks are stiff

I asked the question if you could get the race fitted with es to order , and was told the electric start kit would take 3 or more weeks to come , so I presume the answer was no
The Zokes start out stiff due to tight seals then start breaking in at about 10 hours.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:10 PM

Its going to be a tough call , didnt the 11 bikes in the us have the sachs , how do they compare to the zokes .
Old 06-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Only the first batch into the US of A which I believe we're upgraded 2010 models came with the Sachs Sachs setup. The later models went to the 45mm Zoke and Ohlins combo and its well reported by several people here with some experience that the Sachs 48mm is a better built fork than the 45mm Zoke and with some work will outperform it. The good thing is that at least with 48mm Sachs you have options as you're already running the 48mm triples it makes the process much simplier if you decide to fit something else up. I wouldn't be surprised if the 48mm KYBs from a YZF would slide right in with a YZF front wheel and axel only. Both run the Nissin caliper.

Australia got Sachs Sachs for many years (2007 - 2011). Mine was a limited edition model that came with Sachs/Ohlins combo, which I've since changed to TTX/TTX but only due to coins burning a hole in my pocket. I couldn't say I was unhappy with the stock setup. The forks were a little harsh in the mid range, and they were undersprung and stock valving so its not fair to say they were bad.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Only the first batch into the US of A which I believe we're upgraded 2010 models came with the Sachs Sachs setup. The later models went to the 45mm Zoke and Ohlins combo and its well reported by several people here with some experience that the Sachs 48mm is a better built fork than the 45mm Zoke and with some work will outperform it. The good thing is that at least with 48mm Sachs you have options as you're already running the 48mm triples it makes the process much simplier if you decide to fit something else up. I wouldn't be surprised if the 48mm KYBs from a YZF would slide right in with a YZF front wheel and axel only. Both run the Nissin caliper.

Australia got Sachs Sachs for many years (2007 - 2011). Mine was a limited edition model that came with Sachs/Ohlins combo, which I've since changed to TTX/TTX but only due to coins burning a hole in my pocket. I couldn't say I was unhappy with the stock setup. The forks were a little harsh in the mid range, and they were undersprung and stock valving so its not fair to say they were bad.
Ah right , i thought the 11 bikes had the 48 zokes , the 48 kyb do slot right in so thats an option too
I was told tonight that danny mc canny runs the 48 zokes in his bike when he races in the uk and the factory ohlins when out of the country.
I think my best bet is the race , i know its more money but there are more tuners that can work on the ohlins/zokes and more guys on here have them so more info on setting up.
The electric start i can do without until iv got a load of cash burning a hole in my pocket lol , in any case i plan on keeping the bike for a few years so i dont mind spending the extra .
Old 06-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

The 2011 Race models, Cervantes and Nambo came withe 48mm Zokes.

It sounds like you've come to a decision! Place that order now
Old 06-24-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
The 2011 Race models, Cervantes and Nambo came withe 48mm Zokes.

It sounds like you've come to a decision! Place that order now
I would but the shops not open for another 6 hours, im working the graveyard shift at the moment