Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
I did a flow comparison between drug store laxative mineral oil, 3wt and 7wt fork and shock oil, and motorex.

No comparison, Motorex flowed 3x faster (thinner) than the rest.
What brand fork and shock oils were you comparing it too?

Old 08-12-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
What brand fork and shock oils were you comparing it too?
One (or both) were Maxima.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.peterverdone.com/wiki/ind...spension_Fluid

Heres a good real life comparison re oil viscosities.

Couldn't find any ratings on the Motorex Hydraulic Fluid 75 Mineral Oil, but at an average price of $15 for 100ml it would want to be the ducks..
Old 08-12-2013, 07:00 PM

I paid $6.

There is no comprehensive list that links all the information (viscosity, additives, anti-foam, seal conditioners) into one handy table.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
I'm not having "problems," I just want to tweak it to my liking.

The clutch has over 20 hours on it. It is well broken in. System bled to the best of my anal abilities. Same with the gap.

I got off the phone with Danny the Rekluse Tech. He said that my quickest and cheapest route to more clutch lever function would be to remove the X-rings that are installed to reduce clutch chatter. This was known to me but I'd rather not go there as yet.

He said that I would be safe to go as low as 1/16th inch (1.5mm) in clutch lever Free-play Gain which would result in a looser clutch pack.

I told him that I would like the clutch to engage a little slower off idle and would consider going one step stiffer than the blue springs. I wondered if that would cause the clutch to slip at high RPM. He said he could send me three gold springs which are usually for another application but would likely do what I want. He said that I should consider the springs to have the same range as a pilot jet in the carb. They'll slow initial engagement but will be overridden by the weigts at speed. Could be just want I want, especially since I like to have my motor idle at a higher RPM than Rekluse Inc. would suggest. I am stall-phobic.
This is all very good information that you got from tech support

I have not had time to go back and read all your posts but I am very curious if you got the thinner steel that is the first one installed in the pack (part # 67.1)?
Old 08-13-2013, 11:27 AM

Yes, I have that doo-dad.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:24 PM

I found some time to work on the Lectron (actually just fiddling with idle and a couple of twists to set the cable slack). After that, I opened up the clutch cover.

I was going to take the Rekluse Tech's advise and remove the X-rings to increase the clutch feel, but I decided just to replace three heavy blue springs for three new heavier gold springs.

All adjusted up. Not a whole lot off difference off idle, except that it increased my free-play-gain enough that I could back out the adjustable slave cyliner one tic.

This was all tested on the street.

It rained a lot last night. I sure would like to go hit some trails this weekend.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:26 PM

I found some time to work on the Lectron (actually just fiddling with idle and a couple of twists to set the cable slack). After that, I opened up the clutch cover.

I was going to take the Rekluse Tech's advise and remove the X-rings to increase the clutch feel, but I decided just to replace three heavy blue springs for three new heavier gold springs.

All adjusted up. Not a whole lot off difference off idle, except that it increased my free-play-gain (about double) enough that I could back out the adjustable slave cyliner one tic. Did it slow off-idle engagement? Maybe a bit. No slippage detected at speed.

This was all tested on the street.

It rained a lot last night. I sure would like to go hit some trails this weekend.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:45 PM

I did a 33-mile rock-strewn ride with A and B riders. A few long, twisty, and technical hills gave me, the Gasser, the Rekluse, and the Lectron quite a test. I am very sore in the calves today. No getoffs or tip-overs for the day.

The Rekluse behaved exactly as I wanted it to. I was using the clutch lever when needed. I only had one bzzzt sound during the end of a particularly long climb. It lasted about the time it takes to say "bzzzt," and was no more.

No overheating, by the way.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:07 PM

Sounds like a good run. Are you happy with the setup?

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar