Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:36 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
We gotta ride together soon Gasser. I could use a dose of that East TN positive attitude! Hey, Bukwheat and I are planning an assault on Highland Park soon, or perhaps a ride someplace in AL if your interested.
Hey Rod, I would like to tag along on that ride!
HP is only a couple of hours from me.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
We gotta ride together soon Gasser. I could use a dose of that East TN positive attitude! Hey, Bukwheat and I are planning an assault on Highland Park soon, or perhaps a ride someplace in AL if your interested.
Any time. I'm ready to ride.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
8." Friendly competition between the brands, while sharing the same common goals and that is to put more butts on bikes...period."
I like this comment from Rod,lets not forget the common enemy-lefty tree hugging sandal wearing clip board ticking PC don't let the kids get dirty greeny nob ends.We are loosing riding areas, less people involved & youth being pacified into less 'aggressive' sports & hobbies.Getting back to great turn outs at rides with heaps of brands represented (even Sherco) is the goal to achieve more events,better riders,better competition,successful dealers,profitable manufacturers,lucrative factory teams & then more development & R&D.
Almost became a rant sorry.
I'm actually a pretty liberal dude. I'm a huge recycler. Kinda hippy...But when it comes to dirtbikes, I just think the most important thing is responsible use of the land for all of us. It's easy to pick on the dirtbikes because they are faster and noisier than anything else on the trail. The truth is that the horses cause way more damage and leave a much bigger mess. When I come across people on the trail I like to stop and chat. Especially with the hikers that seem upset that I'm there. Kill them with kindness! No matter how mad they are that we are there, it's nearly impossible to be rude to someone to there face when they are being polite. I'd like to think I've changed a few minds that way.
1997 KX60
1983 Yami Tri-Zinger
1984 Suzuki Alt 50
1969 Trail 90
1971 Trail 90
1972 Trail 90
Old 06-13-2015, 01:29 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Don't start me on horses!Dangerous at both ends & crafty in the middle.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:40 PM

Totally with you. 100% greenneck here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shang View Post
I'm actually a pretty liberal dude. I'm a huge recycler. Kinda hippy...But when it comes to dirtbikes, I just think the most important thing is responsible use of the land for all of us. It's easy to pick on the dirtbikes because they are faster and noisier than anything else on the trail. The truth is that the horses cause way more damage and leave a much bigger mess. When I come across people on the trail I like to stop and chat. Especially with the hikers that seem upset that I'm there. Kill them with kindness! No matter how mad they are that we are there, it's nearly impossible to be rude to someone to there face when they are being polite. I'd like to think I've changed a few minds that way.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Lol! True!
1997 KX60
1983 Yami Tri-Zinger
1984 Suzuki Alt 50
1969 Trail 90
1971 Trail 90
1972 Trail 90
Old 06-13-2015, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shang View Post
I hear you mate! I try to put any bias/emotion aside and remain realistic about things.

I've seen damage caused to the land through pigs, horses, cattle, introduced plant species, and also natural events such as flooding, cyclones and droughts. The land is dynamic and while it is easy to point out what has caused problems in places, I've also been around long enough to see things come full cycle. Single track in particular will grow over in as little as 6 months once people cease to use it.

Pointing the finger and playing the blame game doesn't achieve anything, so I enjoy the land for what it is, and share it with those who also wish for the same. It doesn't take much extra thought or time to be mindful of others in the area, riding slowly when encountering houses/landowners, acknowledging others, and being generally respectful to those also using the land.

It's a shame that many have the view that we are the enemy, but can you really blame them when most of their exposure has been negative either through what they see through the media, or their own experiences with minority groups. It only takes one person doing the wrong thing to reflect badly on all of us, and unfortunately this happens all too often.

When was the last time you saw a horse popping a mono down the hwy? I'm sure if more did, more people would have a thing against horses (and riders) too.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and at anytime without warning whisky throttle and no kill switch.......

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 06-13-2015, 11:53 PM

To the wish list I would like to add a fuel injected 250 4-stroke with an easy access airbox up tops.
Battery way down in current airbox position, and with fuel tank taking up the rest of that space.
Re-invent the old B-profile frame with its massive turning angle, and make a seat with some actual foam in it. I dont sit much, but when I do, why must it hurt my butt?
Also, make sure all bikes always have the option of electric AND/OR kick starter.
Smooth out the edges along the side panels, shrouds and seat, the current chassis ruins my pants.
An easy disassemble rear subframe, with easy wash access. Wiring connectors at the intersection so it is easily removed.
A one piece rear fender without all those finicky little allen bolts and clips nuts.
Peg mounts need an overhaul. Todays version have little to none clamping lenght of fastener bolts, which makes it brittle.

Overall, the 2012+ chassis platform are a joy to ride, they look awesome, but working on them is a real pain.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:14 PM

I just want a Gas Gas calender with some hot curvy Moms on some nice looking bikes for the shop.