Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-07-2016, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBrider View Post

I used a expandable rubber plug for the small end and a 2" rubber plug for the big end with the bolt removed and in it's place I used a threaded brass truck Schrader valve. I then use the nut on the threaded Schrader valve to tighten down and expand the plug.

I did 2 of my pipes recently. Do you have pictures of your setup? I wasn't real happy with mine but it worked. I just used a rubber plug in one end held on with safety wire. And the other was a a rubber pipe cap with a shrader valve and washers to keep it from distorting. 25psi. I used Mapp gas but I've got real torches just didn't want to heat too fast.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife

Old 02-07-2016, 12:11 PM

Managed to seize the main bearings in the engine
Old 02-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
How about some pics of your pipe repair setups. It may save a life!

Any using water pumps to repair pipes?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LTPhjaKfQRA
That method wouldn't allow for individual dent treatment. It seems to work, though. I wonder what the pressure got to in order for it to work?
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Old 02-07-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadfield4wd View Post
I did 2 of my pipes recently. Do you have pictures of your setup? I wasn't real happy with mine but it worked. I just used a rubber plug in one end held on with safety wire. And the other was a a rubber pipe cap with a shrader valve and washers to keep it from distorting. 25psi. I used Mapp gas but I've got real torches just didn't want to heat too fast.
Careful Matt. That sounds a lot like my first generation set-up; the one which shot the plug through the tin roof.

By the time the dents are all out, the pressure is way over 100 psi.
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
Old 02-07-2016, 07:38 PM

Thumbs up

These fellows have a pretty good looking set-up. My rosebud tip for my oxy-acetylene torch works faster than their propane torch. It's also better for those hard edged crease dents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp0Uuqo6LyE
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex

Let's go riding!
Old 02-07-2016, 08:22 PM

I went for my first ride since my surgery ! Over 4 months ! My wonderful wife insisted we go and that I drop out of the gym and ride my trials or enduro bike an hour every day I live for days like today on my Gasser Life really is great .
Old 02-08-2016, 06:22 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

4 months!bet that was a sweet,sweet ride.reckon the gasser would have been more than in the mood for it too by then.was she snapping and growling at the shed door?
I fitted the TMD chain guide and slider.nice fit,quality product,makes the stock one look rather sad.got murdered on the exchange rate tho.the nz $ was worth .68us but what the hey!
Old 02-09-2016, 09:55 AM

hello, new to this forum. just purchased my first new (to me) GG 200. decided to send off the suspension and shock to LT racing after seeing all the good support this forum has given Les. anyway, i may have made this harder than i needed to so you are all allowed to giggle to yourselves. thanks for looking.

initial shot so i can remember the bike didnt look like a parts bike when i bought it

taking the caliper off

removing the forks from the clamps

attempted to wiggle the shock out but couldnt get it to fit. looked like removing the battery case, airbox, and gas tank might do the ticket. nope.

noticed a broken throttle cable when i was down there. well more like a broken metal part that maybe cracked off of the cap, cable looks fine. hopefully a cheap part? might ask the local shop about this before i attempt to put the bike back together.

looked like removing the subframe would be the way to go. and it was thankfully.

there we go, suspensionless.

now the waiting game until i get the suspension back and for the snow to melt.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:05 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cook View Post
Careful Matt. That sounds a lot like my first generation set-up; the one which shot the plug through the tin roof.

By the time the dents are all out, the pressure is way over 100 psi.
It is over 450psi but remember it is water not compressed air so nowhere near as dangerous.

I believe it sorts out most dents and also tends to "untwist" pipes. I have a cf guard on my pipe so most of the damage is from bending at the neck - this should sort it out (but the pressure pump costs about $400!!)
Old 02-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Ben you have the pwk as1 model carb and it looks like the brass cable reciever/tensioner has snapped.jetsrus may well have that part.was looking at slides on their site yesterday and you can find just about any keihin part no there.cross your fingers you dont have to buy the whole cap.while you have it in bits is a good time to take note of the slide no,the needle code and clip position(under carb cap),and jet sizes(inside carb bottom).dont change anything just establish a benchmark.that way if you want advice or suggestions from members on tuning later...