Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Nato,
Good work mate.
The suspension sounds like what mine was like. I had originally set up sag etc and wound on shock spring preload till it was right which gave me a rebounding front and rear end, ( felt like it was seesawing front to back and was hard work to ride quick for too long.
I have since backed off the spring preload to 9-10 mm on the shock and then played around with the clickers on the front and back until it was not rebounding.
I am not sure of the positions of the clickers as I just changed it till it felt the best it could but I know the fork has 2 turns on the PFP and the rebound is dampened fully( all the way Clockwise).
Basically the bike now has a rear end that feels like it is a floating carpet( very nice), and a front end that is as good as it is gonna get.Still better thamn the 07 though.
Good luck with it, I will be getting new springs and getting a revalve on the forks in the near future.
Cheers Mark

2008 280 Raga replica
2012 Gas gas ec 300 E

Old 06-17-2012, 04:32 PM

It is tag team with either 1 bike or seperate bikes we used seperate bikes he was on a yzf 450.

Cheers wence i will be looking in to that.

I have not done a lot of suspension tuning jake but i feel that everything else on the bike is finely tuned why not one of the most important bits? I did not put it to rain mode as i would feel like a castrated dog haha its gotta be on the sun
Old 06-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Hahah I hear ya Nato.

I'm delving into this Suspension stuff myself at the moment. Need to get out and push some laps to really start feeling the difference in settings back to back.