Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Nods.. The stock needle gives most people the same issues. A few alternatives if you have a read in the jetting section.

The gas caps leak. Its not to do with the threads but to do with the actual rubber seal inside the cap. If you have a look you'll notice its probably started to shrink, distort, and harden. I've binned mine and just run it plastic on plastic. It seals better than the stocker. I also have a brand new cap in the spares bin, but don't see the point. I've been through a 2 caps already. Someone else was selling a seal for them, or you can hit the rubber store and make your own. Just make sure the rubber will hold up in fuel.

The handling sounds just like what you'd expect from a GG

The brake cooler can be replaced by a normal nissin mc cap. My 2010 EC300R didn't have the cheesecooler option and I have never shredded my boots or cooked the rear brakes. Make sure the line doesn't rub against the casing where it doubles back too. I had mine wear a nice groove into it.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:58 PM

The cap on the cooler looks like it would fit on the resevoir if I pull off the cooler. If this is the case do I need to bleed the brakes if I pull off the cooler and bolt the cap back on?
Old 06-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cberg View Post
The cap on the cooler looks like it would fit on the resevoir if I pull off the cooler. If this is the case do I need to bleed the brakes if I pull off the cooler and bolt the cap back on?
Yes, the cap on the cooler extension is the stock cap for the resevoir. When you pull it off it will obviously spill brake fluid everywhere. And you will need to replace the bolts with shorters ones.

The rubber in the gas cap tends to dry out, nothing a call to Steve @ after hours cycle for a new cap won't cure.

These are sweet bikes. Once you get it personally tuned for you, you will become very attached to it.

Last edited by desertgasser300; 06-17-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:53 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cberg View Post
Well got out on my first ride on the Nambotin yesterday.

Here are the positives:
It does feel very nimble and when having to zig-zag through tight twisties around trees and over roots the bike handled awesome. Also on bermed corners on the trail, I can rail them like nothing I have ever rode before.

I do need to do some re-jetting, it is blowing some sludge out of the silencer and does not idle and stalls if I pull in the clutch to idle down and around some obstacles if I don't keep the revs up, kinda a pain in the butt.

Here are the negatives:
The gas leaks out of the cap when it is on, the threads on the tank are chipped up a little so I think this must be the problem, has any one else had this problem? I am going to talk to Gas Gas and see what they have to say. I do see some fit and finish things too such as I didn`t get the right rubber covers for the brake or clutch levers, no rubber cover on the throttle housing on the handlebars and no rubber cover over where the clutch line connects to the clutch cylinder. And for the worst, the rear brake cooler, I HATE IT!! I stand up all the time and sqeeze with my legs and that thing is like a cheese grater and it cut a big slice on the inside of my boot!! Is there a cover that Gas Gas makes to cover that stupid thing? Otherwise I have to make some kinda cover or maybe take it right off. That was a quick way to ruin a perfectly good pair of quality riding boots!!

Besides those few issues, I do love how the bike handles and like any other bike has its little issues to work out, but once I get those fixed up this bike will be awesome!!

I've got the needle you need. PM me.
'07 EC300 sold
'06 EC300 sold
'78 Suzuki RM250C2
'75 Yamaha YZ250B sold
Old 06-18-2012, 09:52 AM

Some pics of the new Steed !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG1244.jpg (130.2 KB, 58 views)
Old 06-18-2012, 10:00 AM

Here's another shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG1245.jpg (134.4 KB, 58 views)
Old 06-18-2012, 11:22 AM

Very nice looking bike!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:34 PM

I also have a 2011 Nambo 300. My only complaint is extreme
Vibration at high RPM. It causes arm pump and numb hands. If anyone
Knows a fix I am all ears. I already filled the bars with expanding foam, but
Didn't really reduce vibration.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:44 PM

Oh also, JD Jetting has a kit for the carb. My dealer jetted mine and it runs great....but I still get the spluge that runs down the silencer. The FMF Stealth is part of the problem and riding in tight conditions amplifies the issue. Good luck with your new ride!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:24 AM

300 vibes is a big reason why I prefer the 250s. If I were to build a 300, I'd spend the coin on having the crank balanced.

Don't try to jet the spooge away, especially with the Stealth, you will be too lean for optimum torque and top end life.