Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 11-04-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
I cannot see how it could improve starting, because it is bypassed and not functioning when the bike first starts. It takes a few seconds to boot before it does its thing. This is because the ECU is applying a heavy start enrichment factor of its own at his point. There is a yellow LED that flashes while this is happening. Once this is complete, it will enrich the idle if the low speed range adjustment is set above zero. I'm sure mine worked this way, but if by chance Dobeck made a design change maybe you should call and find out.
How much clearer do I have to get?

I HAD ONE ON A VROD. IT WORKED THAT WAY. I DIDN'T MAKE THIS UP. Call Dobek or waste your money, I don't care.

The battery voltage being low is possibility.

Do a little research on how EFI systems function, understanding this this will help your troubleshooting immensly.

I'm finnished with this thread.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
How much clearer do I have to get?

I HAD ONE ON A VROD. IT WORKED THAT WAY. I DIDN'T MAKE THIS UP. Call Dobek or waste your money, I don't care.
So I question how you are sure about something and you get angry? I take it you measured the pulse output in the first couple of revolutions and compared it to the input then? No you didn't did you? You're just guessing. I'm waiting for an answer from Dobek.

Update:
Sounds like they start at 800 rpm from Dobek

Last edited by iancp5; 11-04-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:49 PM

With my 06 in cold weather you have to reset the ECU at least once or you will crank all day or until the battery is flat (not long with this setup). For some reason the IAT does not read first time or doesnt stabilise quickly enough.

A typical cold morning start would be...crank a couple of times....turn off...back on....crank again and it starts. Its been like that since I got it.
As soon as it starts it will idle properly and is ready to ride off down the trail. No warmup, no bogging and certainly no chance of stalling.
After that it starts first touch everytime until it has been standing for a day or so.

This procedure is mentioned (well sort of) in the user manual which is a collection of Photos of older models, sentences with missing words and a piss poor spanish translated component names so it is easy to miss.
Hope that helps
Old 11-06-2009, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-gon View Post
With my 06 in cold weather you have to reset the ECU at least once or you will crank all day or until the battery is flat (not long with this setup). For some reason the IAT does not read first time or doesnt stabilise quickly enough.

A typical cold morning start would be...crank a couple of times....turn off...back on....crank again and it starts. Its been like that since I got it.
As soon as it starts it will idle properly and is ready to ride off down the trail. No warmup, no bogging and certainly no chance of stalling.
After that it starts first touch everytime until it has been standing for a day or so.

This procedure is mentioned (well sort of) in the user manual which is a collection of Photos of older models, sentences with missing words and a piss poor spanish translated component names so it is easy to miss.
Hope that helps
Not sure it helps but makes me feel better that mine is "normal".

The only difference is on mine I usually have to open the throttle and close it while cranking for it to catch. What's more annoying is it's reluctance to fire up easily in gear when warm. Had a few times stalled in the middle of a race having to find neutral rather than press and go. However I've fitted a Rekluse which should stop that problem by preventing stalls once I've got it setup properly. Of course I absolutely must find neutral to start with that fitted if I need a little throttle to start it!