Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 12-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Ando, no apologies needed. But, accepted.

I did the carb review as an FYI.
It generated more interest than anyone can imagine.
Corey getting on board was a big help to anyone that had questions beyond what I would be able to answer.

Here we have an American made product,a rare thing now-a-days that is doing well.

It is a game changer in the motorcycle industry. We are witnesses to a revolution!

Aside from having a hard start issue in the pouring, cold rain.I have had zero troubles out of mine.
Everytime I ride now, I'm amazed at how well the bike runs. I do shift a lot less now due to the power increase.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:46 PM

I belong to both forums although I am mostly an occasional lurker here at GasGasrider. Both CafeHusky and this site are what these forums should be about. Civil, mature conversations, ideas, stories, Product Reviews, help both solicited and volunteered, and general comaraderie. I would hate to have any of that change.

I can personally attest to the power of consumer word of mouth. I started building 165 kits for the Husky 125 simply because I wanted 125 feel with enough beans to haul my fat ass up and over any nasty, gnarly, tight single track that we have here in Western Montana. I had no dream of ever ordering more than the initial 10 custom pistons. The kit has taken off far beyond anything I intended or really wanted. In its first year I am now on my 3rd re-order of 25-27 piston kits. The kit performs so well that all this has happened by in large through word of mouth. I don't advertise at all. I respond to any questions on any site where they are asked and give personal attention to all. This is what Corey and Steve are doing and they will sell a boat load of these carbs because they do perform as advertised. I realize they will be doing ad-work but it is this word of mouth that will sell the vast majority of there initial runs.

Now if I just knew how to make money doing this life would be good. Maybe next year as I continue to learn the ins and outs of manufacturing and price points.

I applaud Corey and Steve for taking the time to come here and answer questions when they both have to be very busy with so many other demands. Thank you
Old 12-10-2012, 06:52 PM

I should also point out that it was also through the member help on Cafe Husky that my kit took off. Kelly at Motosportz rode one and had to tell all about it and has been an immense help as have a couple of dealers and riders on that forum. These forums really can influence how and what gets built.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 PM

Well said Walt.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
I've only heard rumors about the jacka@$'s at Cafehusky. Not so much a rumor anymore.

I appreciate any vendor, owner, or product designer to make time to come on here and answer questions.
I appreciate everyone sticking up for me, but really I don't look at it like it that. I spoke with Dean several times and he explained to me the difficulties of financing a forum like CafeHusky and how my participation could offend those actually sponsoring the site. So I get it. I really have no problem sponsoring any site, however there are currently some 20 sites with SmartCarb threads, and didn't really feel it would be fair to buy into one and not the others. I certainly realize the value of these forums and am grateful to Girard for starting the ball rolling. The only thing that bothered me was that I spent quite a bit of time answering some questions and Dean wouldn't post them. Really didn't hurt me other than the wasted time, but those with legitimate questions didn't get an answer or had to go to another forum for an answer.

Corey
Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 PM

Corey,I have a Gasgas 300 quad.Ported,polished with a pod filter set-up,no airbox.I mostly ride the sand at mid to top rpms.What size smartcarb would you recommend?Thanks in advance.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
Corey,I have a Gasgas 300 quad.Ported,polished with a pod filter set-up,no airbox.I mostly ride the sand at mid to top rpms.What size smartcarb would you recommend?Thanks in advance.
A 40/38mm blended taperbore or even a straight 40mm SC would work likely well for your application. The straight 40mm is a $100.00 cheaper although.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
I don't want to get everyone going and I don't really care either way but from my stand point I've NEVER seen an employee of a company answer and field the questions that WE not him want answers to. It would be a lot different if he said "hey guys here's the price and were to buy please pick one up" but that's not how it started, we asked he simply answered.if selling his product is a by product of that then so be it. I personally feel that the husky forum is the one being the jack ass here. Keep up the great work Corey you really understand how to gain interest in something new which is by participating in OPEN forums like these!!!
I stand corrected from my engineering/design team this morning that the dates slated for delivery on our website are March 31st delivery date for all billets and May 1st for cast carburetors. Rather under promise and over deliver than disappoint anyone. I am definitely trying to up those dates, sorry for any confusion.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I stand corrected from my engineering/design team this morning that the dates slated for delivery on our website are March 31st delivery date for all billets and May 1st for cast carburetors. Rather under promise and over deliver than disappoint anyone. I am definitely trying to up those dates, sorry for any confusion.
Billet and cast carb dimensions can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8954608...n/photostream/
Old 12-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Has anyone got any video footage of a bike thats rocking the Smartcarb yet? Would love to see/hear some helmet cam action! Always do when its a 2T singin