Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 07-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up 15hrs on euro spec 300r

Thought I'd give my experience with this bike so far

Motor, heaps of mumbo and when mated to the Suzuki needles easy to use, good fuel economy and hard to stall. The slightly lower flywheel effect of not having the ring gear is nice as the bike is punchier but still tractable. A 10oz fww would turn it into a dozer.

Suspension and handling, you can get way out of shape on this bike, and smash through stuff that I wouldn't before, it's not as super agile in vv tight stuff as the old frame but it is well and truly good enough. Seems really well balanced especially brake sliding.

Seat. It's got a nice shape and works well.

Brakes. Well and truly powerful and progressive,

Really like.

Hubs wheels and spokes, they are nuclear proof

This bike is very easy to work on and is way better than the old bike except for carby access.

Forks. Very very good forks that give confidence to start doing stupid stuff, and a very easy to own as well due the bottom nut setup that should be law on all twin chamber forks.

Grip. It has a level of grip that my last bike just didn't. Suzuki level grip front and rear.

Unlikes.

Clutch, it moans and sqwaks, which just sounds bad, it never does anything funny and could be fixed with a new basket from an aftermarket company but I've never had this on any other bike.

Renthall twinwalls, I understand the need to not break your bars in a race, but they are just so stiff.

Powder coated swing arm, with powder coating coming off.

Chain rattle still.

Q stealth spooges no matter how good your jetting is. BUT it's very neighbourly and it's just some oil.

Freakin side stand, every other manufacture can get this right, it needs constant care and goes straight through concrete, what is the reason for this???

Gear lever made out of solder ( I know it's better than a broken shift shaft but other bikes don't bend like yuri geller is looking at it)

Multi piece rear fender, it never works out in the end.

Squeaky headlight mount. Meh it's just some lazyness.

Ajp clutch has no crossover levers, but works great.

All in all these a pretty tame dislikes really.

It's a good fun bike. Nothing has fallen off or broken spokes have needed a touch of adjustment as has the chain. I'm much happier with it than my old bike

I could see myself putting a rekluse clutch basket in and seeing if I could find a bladder conversion for ohlins shocks for ease of servicing and I think it feels better, apart from that no mods needed apart from changing springs for your weight. If you live in a rock garden you might need a revalve..

Current. 2015 ec300r estart, 98 RM 125

2013 Ec300r 2011 Ec300e 2009 Husky TE310
1982 XR500 Honda 1981 KE100 Kawasaki
1978 GT80 Yamaha

Old 07-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo737 View Post
Thought I'd give my experience with this bike so far

( I know it's better than a broken shift shaft but other bikes don't bend like yuri geller is looking at it)

Excellent Yuri Geller reference. How many under 50 get that one?
Old 07-13-2013, 03:30 PM

I was going to say the same thing. Must've had a subscription to the National Enquirer as well.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Over my head..
Old 07-13-2013, 06:58 PM

Uri Geller = spoon bending psychic.

Chain rattle: Un bolt your chain slider (careful as it's very brittle). Run a strip of stiff rubber weatherstripping where it rubs on the swingarm (top and bottom). No more chain rattle (usually chain rattling is from too low a speed in whatever gear). It's amazing how much the hollow swingarm radiates a bit of chain noise. The foam rubber I used was ~4mm thick x ~20mm wide.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:19 PM

On my chain-slappy WR450, I lifted the chain slider on top of the swing arm and hit it with a few globs from the hot glue gun (others use rubber spacers and such). Chain slap is reduced, if not completely eliminated.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil E. View Post
Uri Geller = spoon bending psychic.

Chain rattle: Un bolt your chain slider (careful as it's very brittle). Run a strip of stiff rubber weatherstripping where it rubs on the swingarm (top and bottom). No more chain rattle (usually chain rattling is from too low a speed in whatever gear). It's amazing how much the hollow swingarm radiates a bit of chain noise. The foam rubber I used was ~4mm thick x ~20mm wide.
Thanks dudes, my father was an international airline pilot in the sixties, he had yuri geller in the flight deck on a trip from SFO to Sydney, via honolulu and nadi Fiji, geller produced a spoon from his pocket and bent it in font of the whole crew when they arrived in Sydney. No sh!t.

Current. 2015 ec300r estart, 98 RM 125

2013 Ec300r 2011 Ec300e 2009 Husky TE310
1982 XR500 Honda 1981 KE100 Kawasaki
1978 GT80 Yamaha