Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 01-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
S-Tree is decent. If you ride S-Tree to turkey foot it is a 35 mile ride and then there is another little 5 mile loop.

There is a lot of good riding in the Redbird Crest trail system. I suggest if you are going to try to do the whole 70 mile loop that you do it backwards. The single track is gnarly as it gets and it's good to get it out of the way first. If you guys decide to do it let me know and I will meet up with you and ride.

If you use GPS I have a good map of the loop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We're going for sure, just waiting for the club to post the d/s date. The d/s is fun about 180 miles. Do a little research on it.
Gnarly single track is just what we're looking for. Just let us know if your in for the ride.
Thanks for the info!

Old 01-02-2016, 02:51 PM

I'm always down for Redbird. I don't do D/S stuff though. A close friend of mine will for sure be at the renfro D/S though and he loves Redbird as well

Old 01-05-2016, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
We're going for sure, just waiting for the club to post the d/s date. The d/s is fun about 180 miles. Do a little research on it.
Gnarly single track is just what we're looking for. Just let us know if your in for the ride.
Thanks for the info!
You need to do the Buffaloe 500 D/S put on by the Stoney Lonesome MC club. Located in SE Indiana but feels like Kentucky. Mostly all single track on private land. Very little backroad pavement. We rode it this past August.

I rode my plated EXC 450 and was so worn out afterwards, that it made me realize I needed a light weight & torquey 200 if I were to ride anymore events like that. That's why I've got a GG XC 200 now. Hopefully, I'll have it plated soon.

I've ridden the Renfro Valley D/S several times and I think the Buffaloe 500 is it's equal in every respect. Maybe better.

RB
Old 01-05-2016, 05:09 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm always down for Redbird. I don't do D/S stuff though. A close friend of mine will for sure be at the renfro D/S though and he loves Redbird as well

Thanks for the RR. Excellent job. I wouldn't be surprised if me and a couple friends from western NC tried this ride out this coming summer. Or, at least part of it.

RB
Old 01-05-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBrider View Post
You need to do the Buffaloe 500 D/S put on by the Stoney Lonesome MC club. Located in SE Indiana but feels like Kentucky. Mostly all single track on private land. Very little backroad pavement. We rode it this past August.

I rode my plated EXC 450 and was so worn out afterwards, that it made me realize I needed a light weight & torquey 200 if I were to ride anymore events like that. That's why I've got a GG XC 200 now. Hopefully, I'll have it plated soon.

I've ridden the Renfro Valley D/S several times and I think the Buffaloe 500 is it's equal in every respect. Maybe better.

RB

Yes! Want an even better one than that? The Muddobbers put on the best events I have ever gone too. I don't ride D/S but I have ridden other events put on by both of these clubs and they were great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBrider View Post
Thanks for the RR. Excellent job. I wouldn't be surprised if me and a couple friends from western NC tried this ride out this coming summer. Or, at least part of it.

RB

If you like to camp there is a campground that is connected to the trail. I believe it to called Willie Bagley. Only trouble with starting the trail from there is it messes up the distance between fuel stops. If you start from the beginning of the trail the one and only gas stop is exactly half way. If you start from the campground you have to ride nearly 60 miles without fuel. We have camped there before and then just made the short drive over to the trailhead and that worked out best. There are also a few hotels in Manchester KY which is a short drive from the trail.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
If you like to camp there is a campground that is connected to the trail. I believe it to called Willie Bagley. Only trouble with starting the trail from there is it messes up the distance between fuel stops. If you start from the beginning of the trail the one and only gas stop is exactly half way. If you start from the campground you have to ride nearly 60 miles without fuel. We have camped there before and then just made the short drive over to the trailhead and that worked out best. There are also a few hotels in Manchester KY which is a short drive from the trail.

I'm not a camper, but we used my riding buddy's fifth wheel toy hauler for the Buffaoe 500 and camped on the Stoney Lonesome Club house grounds.
Worked out great. Otherwise, I'd motel it.

Thanks for the info.

RB